PDA

View Full Version : Radio Free Colorado

MorganGrayson
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks to Chris, my companion as I work is Radio Free Colorado (http://www.loudcity.net/stations/RadioFreeColorado/default.htm) . I enjoy it. They play a wide variety of music, mostly classic rock, with some surprising goodies tossed in.

I forget who told me they were a Pink Floyd fan, though.

The point of this is that tomorrow they are playing "rock blocks," a series of songs from the same album/band. They mentioned playing some Pink Floyd, specifically "The Wall."

I'm not a Pink Floyd fan, but I seem to like people who are.

I like this station enough to have sent them a couple of PayPal donations, which is how they keep on keepin' on. :)

TheLegacy
01-24-2006, 03:45 PM
yes thanks to chris and his post a few months ago I started listening to radio free - rock out everyday with it on.

war_ner
01-25-2006, 01:14 AM
A Pink Floyd fan here. :)

MorganGrayson
01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Happy First Birthday, Radio Free Colorado! :bday:

Gary the DJ/founder/owner is having a great day! :)

Evil Chris
01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I thought they were down or something because my winamp bookmark wasn't working for that station anymore and their website is always down too.

So I updated my bookmarks and I have it back thankfully. :)

MorganGrayson
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Apologies to all Pink Floyd fans, but every time I hear "we don't need no education" the Diction Nazi starts to twitch. It's a straight shot downhill from there....

MorganGrayson
01-25-2006, 04:14 PM
They have to ask for donations to keep the radio station on the air. The only record the station has left to break is the one for "most donations in a day." (The record stands at $380, by an internet radio station on its last day of operation.)

They got a $20 PayPal out of me...again. :)

war_ner
01-26-2006, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Apologies to all Pink Floyd fans, but every time I hear "we don't need no education" the Diction Nazi starts to twitch. It's a straight shot downhill from there....

LOL I almost got the same reaction from a friend whn I let her hear that song.

MorganGrayson
01-26-2006, 10:08 AM
They raised over $500 yesterday, breaking the record. Smashing it, in fact. :xthumbs: