PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else take a break in the winter?

cdsmith
01-26-2006, 11:15 AM
I did. Nearly a month this year. Last year it was closer to 3 months. (just didn't feel like working)

God how I love this biz for allowing me to do that. Never could with my old job.

I guess that's what keeps me coming back. :D

MorganGrayson
01-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't, but always wonder if I should. I *have* been in and out of this business several times, though. The last time I was out for years and when I came back so much had changed that I felt like a "Born Again Newbie." :)

The flexibility of this business is *definitely* part of its appeal, though. :)

Quagmire
01-26-2006, 02:07 PM
winter is when everyone is inside spanking the monkey. Thats the best time to make sales.

You guys keep taking the vacations, I like the better sales ratios!

Evil Chris
01-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I've done it before... but I get too restless.
When I need to take a break like that I have to go away to a deserted island or something. :)

MorganGrayson
01-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I've done it before... but I get too restless.
When I need to take a break like that I have to go away to a deserted island or something. :)

Hmmm....
Obviously, I need to learn how to take better breaks.
Usually...I just go in the kitchen....

war_ner
01-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Nothing like supervising your own job and handling your own time. :D

trishie
01-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I just wish it was winter now.... most days have been over 40degrees cel for a few weeks now... my air con broke down.. thankfully my dad fixed it for me this morning... i hate the heat!

xxxmalouxxx
01-27-2006, 11:53 PM
oh wow... nice to know that know that.. I wish I can do that to... for this summer

Fatal Attraction
01-28-2006, 01:04 AM
I did this year. I took my first real vacation(away from shows and work) for the first time in years! No work at all for a week, my phone didn't even work where I was at. It was wonderful! Very much needed! :)

Seska
01-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Usually my breaks from work end up being in July. I like to do the camping and chalet thing.

cdsmith
01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Quagmire
winter is when everyone is inside spanking the monkey. Thats the best time to make sales.

You guys keep taking the vacations, I like the better sales ratios! I've found over the past 7 or 8 years in this biz that the fall (Sept-Dec) is very good for signups, and from mid January to the end of may or early June is good too.... but for several weeks over the year-end holidays it isn't all that much to rave about.

Plus.... you forgot something vital here. Just because I take a break, doesn't mean my sites are down. Fact is my network of over 40 sites are always up and running, whether I'm sitting at the computer or not.

Your point is noted, but it's not all that valid from my perspective.

MorganGrayson
01-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by cdsmith
Plus.... you forgot something vital here. Just because I take a break, doesn't mean my sites are down. Fact is my network of over 40 sites are always up and running, whether I'm sitting at the computer or not.

Now *that* is one of the true beauties of this business. Whether or not we're actually sitting at our computers, what we've created is out there trying to earn money for us.

I continued to get sponsor checks through recurring signups for a very long time after effectively leaving the business entirely.

Excellent point, cd. :)

Funbrunette
01-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Well were leaving next Sarurday for Punta Cana so I guess that would be a nice short break! :sunshine:

No worries I'll show off my tan when I get back! :p

cdsmith
01-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Now *that* is one of the true beauties of this business. Whether or not we're actually sitting at our computers, what we've created is out there trying to earn money for us.

I continued to get sponsor checks through recurring signups for a very long time after effectively leaving the business entirely.

Excellent point, cd. :) It's called "time leveraging", and is one of the formost reasons I got into this business. The fact that you can put websites to work for you, they stay up virtually 24/7, they don't miss work much, they never need time off for illness or pregnancy or abscenses due to too much partying..... they are basically the perfect employees.

If put together a certain way, some barely even need any updating.

Not many other businesses can say that.

war_ner
01-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Well, I am planning to treat my girlfriend a trip this coming V-day. I hope evrything would turn out well. :)

cdsmith
01-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by war_ner
Well, I am planning to treat my girlfriend a trip this coming V-day. I hope evrything would turn out well. :) Good idea. Where are you taking her?

I've heard good things about Cabo San Lucas being a great place for couples.

Jimmidean
01-31-2006, 06:32 AM
Spending all of Feb in FLA this year.
I am on the big countdown now.

Rochard
01-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Break? What's that? Must be something like snow, which I remember from my youth twenty years ago, or rain, which Phoenix hasn't seen in over 104 days.

No, no breaks. I don't know about you or the rest of you in this thread, but for me I'm making killer money; Money seems to grow on trees and is being handed out for free. After five years of being in the industry the only bill I have left is my house payment; All of my cars and toys are paid off, and I have no other bills. Give me another two years and I'll have my house paid off too.

No, no breaks. And I rarely take vacations.

war_ner
02-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Good idea. Where are you taking her?

I've heard good things about Cabo San Lucas being a great place for couples.

Where is that? Well, we're just planning to have a romantic dinner. I am still looking for the best restaurant though. :)

cdsmith
02-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Rochard
No, no breaks. I don't know about you or the rest of you in this thread, but for me I'm making killer money; Money seems to grow on trees and is being handed out for free. After five years of being in the industry the only bill I have left is my house payment; All of my cars and toys are paid off, and I have no other bills. Give me another two years and I'll have my house paid off too. Roc, I've made great money from this biz since the late 90's. it doesn't stop just because you're not sitting at the computer, but you knew that already.... right? :D

You know, for the first few years I was getting started I remember working sometimes 3 and 4 days straight with little or no sleep even, I had new website projects on the go regularly and was making money hand over fist. But eventually I came to ease up a bit, and I realized that websites don't shut off just because I take a day, a week or even a month or more off. And that's the beauty of this biz, if you set yourself up right you can do something that I for one could never do while working for someone else, and that is..... take time off whenever I feel like it.

God bless the interenet and free enterprise.

cdsmith
02-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by war_ner
Where is that? It's in Mexico.

war_ner
02-01-2006, 10:44 PM
It's in Mexico.

Ok. Unfortunately, I haven't included that on my option yet.