PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I have the patience of a boil on the arse

MorganGrayson
01-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Today is the day they're supposed to lay the carpet in my new home. I sent the "carpet guy" off with three selections, because we had to have carpet that was currently in the warehouse in LA in order to get it in time for the loan inspector's second visit. They didn't have my first choice, which was a sort of slate blue, but they had the "greystone," which was my husband's first choice. It's a good choice...it matches the cat who's longhaired and sheds. :)

There is NO WAY escrow will close on Friday, though. No way.

My husband reminded me that it's been less than a month since we started this endeavor, which means it hasn't been that long at all.

So why does it seem like I've been waiting YEARS to get my new home????

This whole thing can't happen fast enough for me.

I've never signed so many documents in my life. There's more to sign, too. It's become Pavlovian: hit it with a yellow highlighter, and I'll sign it. Or initial it, if the line is short.

Has anybody else been through this home buying thing...and survived with the ol' sanity intact?

TheLegacy
01-26-2006, 07:40 PM
my heart goes out to you in this venture. I am planning on buying or building home next year and have a few years back bought a condo. There is a great deal of paper work, enough to burn and keep a small 3rd world country warm - look at where you want to be and keep your eyes on that target, start looking down at all the tasks and it will overwhelm you.

this is my goal for next year

http://www.theplancollection.com/tps/homeplans/displayLarge.asp?ID=0&BID=1&DID=55&TID=151&MTID=565&img=DD%2FELEV%5FLR3844%5FFINAL%2EJPG&nme=FRONT+ELEVATION&sku=DD-3844&IID=8195&RV=1

Evil Chris
01-26-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm still trying to get past the boil on the arse bit... *shudder*

:)

I hope the rest of it works out soon for you though.

MorganGrayson
01-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
I'm still trying to get past the boil on the arse bit... *shudder*

:)

I hope the rest of it works out soon for you though.

Even when one bitches, one must be colorful, Chris. :)

(I got that expression from my mother, by the way. :D )