PDA

View Full Version : last fucker is out today!

gabrio
01-31-2006, 02:44 PM
so today i took out the last wisdom teeth, what a liberation! i really couldn't take it anymore!

i was thinking about either selling them on ebay or making a necklace with them hehe j/k!

did you guys have yours still? if so, GET THEM OUT FAST ;-)

Funbrunette
01-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Wooohoooo! Got any pics? Just look at it this way, in a few weeks you can laugh about it! ;)

Quagmire
01-31-2006, 03:18 PM
I have all my wisdom teeth and they don't bother me one bit. No point in yanking perfectly good teeth.

Gruntled
01-31-2006, 09:49 PM
I got rid of mine back in like 11th grade. They were already pushing down on the neves in my jaw.

My dentist was amazing. He told me he was going in there and doing a "deep cleaning" first.

Then he tapped my shoulder and showed me all four wisdom teeth in his hand. It was all over before I realized it.

MorganGrayson
01-31-2006, 10:19 PM
I think I've had two of them out. Not at all sure. I *do* remember the oral surgeon basically bracing his knee on the chair, yanking for all he was worth, then muttering "almost got it."

ALMOST?!?!?!?!? ::-|

It didn't hurt a bit, I was numbed to the gills, but boy, what an ache in my entire me when it was all over.

One of them that I'm positive I still have is in sort of sideways and looks cool on the x-ray. A dentist once said "we'll have to take that out" and I said "why? it's not bothering me" with one of my "arch looks." Apparently, I have one helluvan arch look, because he just said "allrighty then" and moved on.

war_ner
02-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Does that mean you also lost your Wisdom?

gabrio
02-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
Wooohoooo! Got any pics? Just look at it this way, in a few weeks you can laugh about it! ;) haha yeah actually ill snap a pic later on i think... and well i am feeling very well today already so thats great ;-)

gabrio
02-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Gruntled
I got rid of mine back in like 11th grade. They were already pushing down on the neves in my jaw.

My dentist was amazing. He told me he was going in there and doing a "deep cleaning" first.

Then he tapped my shoulder and showed me all four wisdom teeth in his hand. It was all over before I realized it. same goes for the ones in the upper side... he was sooo fast.. those in the lower are bitches instead, since they are on your mandible

trishie
02-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Yep, I have had two on one side removed.. I was out cold.. I recovered quickly but I aint in a hurry to go back there again ...

hope your feeling better soon :)

Visualad
02-01-2006, 07:29 AM
I had to get mine taken out back when I was 20 or something.. The dentist couldnt "pull" the tooth out directly, since the roots were all twisted or something.. so he had to CRACK the tooth in 2-3 pieces before yanking them all out.. Hammering, twisting, drilling and then finally yanking the tooth out. Crazy shit. I felt violated.. ;-)

I had so much blood in my mouth that day that I had to stay home from work...

Thank god the fuckers are out! ;-)

gabrio
02-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Visualad
I had to get mine taken out back when I was 20 or something.. The dentist couldnt "pull" the tooth out directly, since the roots were all twisted or something.. so he had to CRACK the tooth in 2-3 pieces before yanking them all out.. Hammering, twisting, drilling and then finally yanking the tooth out. Crazy shit. I felt violated.. ;-)

I had so much blood in my mouth that day that I had to stay home from work...

Thank god the fuckers are out! ;-) twisted roots are the worst that ive heard of!

Evil Chris
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
I got all mine out when I was 18.

You know, back in the dark ages before novacaine. :)

gabrio
02-01-2006, 12:03 PM
WE WANT PICS!!!! hehe

war_ner
02-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by gabrio
twisted roots are the worst that ive heard of!

What is that Twisted root thing.

gabrio
02-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by war_ner
What is that Twisted root thing. you gotta ask peter about that!

globofun
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
I had the worst experience with one of them.........surgery for over 1 hour, and 12 stitches! (and a nice infection for a week)

gabrio
02-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by globofun
I had the worst experience with one of them.........surgery for over 1 hour, and 12 stitches! (and a nice infection for a week) shit man you beat me... my 'best' time was 43 minutes with the drill...

MorganGrayson
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Visualad...I had to have a molar pulled out in three pieces. The dentist cracked that sucker into thirds and pulled it out that way. It was a year ago, and I was so full of novocaine that I didn't feel a thing. When the numbness wore off though, my arthritic jaw joint felt like it had taken a good shot with a tire iron, though. Ouch.

Chris...back before novocaine, when I was a kid, I had a "quack dentist" drill straight into a nerve in a lower molar. My mother heard me scream and came slamming through the door into the examination room. Now, Mom must have been all of 5'2" but...even an itty bitty "Mom" is pretty dangerous under those circumstances. He screwed up the filling, too. The thing abscessed years later and was pulled out totally.

Now, we have the guy we call "The Hippy Dippy Dentist," from the George Carlin "weatherman" routine, because our dentist has a long grey ponytail down his back and is one totally cool individual. He's "anti-pain," a nice attitude for a dentist - and with all of the modern wonders they have now, there is NO excuse for pain at the dentist.

I also learned something very important. One has to be *totally* honest with the dentist or they can't help you. For example, I have a phobia about choking to death. Not a fear, a flat out, uncontrollable, lurch up out of the chair phobia. I explained all of this and told them that I could control anxiety and even fear - but with a phobia, there is no control. He thanked me at length for being honest, and proceeded to do a lot of extra things so that no piece of anything would get even halfway down my tongue, much less near my throat.

I also have a seizure disorder that's triggered by anxiety attacks. My husband sits in the room because he's going to be the only one who will be able to tell if I've had a seizure. (Otherwise, they'd think I was asleep or unconscious, which I most definitely am not.)

A big mistake that people make going to the dentist is by trying to "be a brick" and not admit they're afraid. My dentist has the Valium ready for anybody who's afraid. (Novocaine doesn't mix with anything, so you can get merrily stoned and relaxed without worrying about drug interactions.)

I've had a whole bunch of root canals, and I chuckle at my dentist and say "I keep waiting for the 'incredible pain' part that people talk about." He chuckles back and says "keep waiting...there won't be any." And there never is.

Back in the day, they used a Black and Decker drill that smoked and made your head rattle from the grinding. Now, they use a pencil shaped thing that grinds a hundred times faster, almost silently, and doesn't rattle anything. It's very impressive for somebody who grew up in the stone age.

Trouble Tonya
02-02-2006, 02:59 PM
ARGH! I was in my late teens when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out. I had the impacted teeth which means the roots were growing sideways and not up and down. I had the whole break it into 3 pieces and drill it out. Even got the infection and had to have clove oil put into socket for a week. That was the nastiest shit I ever tasted....everything I ate or drank tasted like cloves. I was so glad to get those miserable BASTARDS out of my mouth. I feel for ya man. I hope you get back on your feet soon. Take care and follow all directions so your mouth dont get any more fucked off :)

war_ner
02-02-2006, 11:49 PM
MOlar is the worst teth to be pulled out for me. I just got one pulled months ago.

gabrio
02-03-2006, 03:58 AM
wow guys it looks like we have some good horror stories here!