PDA

View Full Version : Nominations are now open...

MorganGrayson
02-07-2006, 12:17 PM
...for the absolutely, most profoundly, stupid thing we have all done so far today.

I am entering into competition the fact that I momentarily blanked on the fact that my FTP *downloads* as well as uploads and thereby grieved that my change in host caused me to lose some data that I didn't have backed up on my hardrive - or the way cool new dvd burner I now have.

Then the little voice in my head whispered "ummm...Morgan? You still have access to your old host, don't you? The stuff is still up on *their* server, and all you have to do is..."

Oh, I said. Yes. That's true, isn't it?

Then, as is my habit when I feel like this, I said aloud "oh, for fuck's sake."

This caused my husband to say nothing whatsoever as he is a wise man and knows better to respond to that phrase.

TheLegacy
02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
...for the absolutely, most profoundly, stupid thing we have all done so far today.

"This caused my husband to say nothing whatsoever as he is a wise man and knows better to respond to that phrase."

my stupid mistake was pointing this thread out to my wife saying, "YOU SEE!!"

MorganGrayson
02-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TheLegacy
my stupid mistake was pointing this thread out to my wife saying, "YOU SEE!!"

Oops. That one tops mine.

Take care, Robert. We wives are frequently armed with sharp objects and sharper attitudes. :)

Trouble Tonya
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, I dont have anything quite that good...but I did go to a meeting 30 mins before it started and there was no one there :)

WOW this is my 100 post! much love the the Xnationers who have put up with me over and over again.

MorganGrayson
02-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Trouble Tonya
Well, I dont have anything quite that good...but I did go to a meeting 30 mins before it started and there was no one there :)

WOW this is my 100 post! much love the the Xnationers who have put up with me over and over again.

Congrats, Tonya! It's wonderful having you here! :)

I *hate* being early even more than I hate being late, I believe. Every time I show up early for a doctor's appointment...it's the day he's running behind and I have to wait even more. I don't "wait" well.

Vid Vicious
02-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Mine was actually thinking that the Pharmacist wouldn't think I was all wacked out when I asked him

" Where do you keep the Speculums?"

MorganGrayson
02-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Vid Vicious
Mine was actually thinking that the Pharmacist wouldn't think I was all wacked out when I asked him

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That beats my favorite "pharmacist" story.

My sweet, endearing, impossibly innocent mother wanted to purchase her children new pairs of rainwear shoe coverings. So...she approached the pharmacist and in a voice that echoed enquired "where do you keep the rubbers?"

My father slammed a hand over his mouth and flung himself backwards down a different aisle to try and sifle the hysterical laughter.

The local pharmacist, who had known my mother for a very long time, regarded her in silence for a second, smiled...and pointed her to the galoshes.

Years later, my mother forced her gynecologist to write this same pharmacist a note explaining why she was being put on birth control pills. (Hormone regulation.) See, my father was doing his first tour of duty in Vietnam and respectable wives whose husbands are away do not require birth control pills...unless....

My Dad would have howled at the speculum story, Vid. :)
My mother wouldn't have understood it.

cdsmith
02-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Having no wife here, I took this very generous opportunity to laugh out loud at this thread, all the while pointing at the monitor in a very mocking way.

Now, had there actually been a wife present I'm sure I'd be dead by now.

Vid Vicious
02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That beats my favorite "pharmacist" story.

My sweet, endearing, impossibly innocent mother wanted to purchase her children new pairs of rainwear shoe coverings. So...she approached the pharmacist and in a voice that echoed enquired "where do you keep the rubbers?"

My father slammed a hand over his mouth and flung himself backwards down a different aisle to try and sifle the hysterical laughter.

The local pharmacist, who had known my mother for a very long time, regarded her in silence for a second, smiled...and pointed her to the galoshes.

Years later, my mother forced her gynecologist to write this same pharmacist a note explaining why she was being put on birth control pills. (Hormone regulation.) See, my father was doing his first tour of duty in Vietnam and respectable wives whose husbands are away do not require birth control pills...unless....

My Dad would have howled at the speculum story, Vid. :)
My mother wouldn't have understood it.

LOL .. my partner and I had a good laugh about it this morning .. Cus right after I asked .. I tryed to explain what it was .. And believe or not I m a pretty shy guy out in public .. So i had a low talking voice .. Making a V shape with my hands .. and look squarely into his eyes and said " you know .. to see a woman PUSSY better"

Turns out all I had to do was call my good friend Slim and borrow one of his ... LOL

Trouble Tonya
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Vid Vicious

I would have loved to seen the look on ole Pharmy's face when you asked for it! :rofl:

war_ner
02-10-2006, 02:36 AM
Oops. That one tops mine.

Take care, Robert. We wives are frequently armed with sharp objects and sharper attitudes. :)

What makes dit hard for the guys to mess around. :D

TondaB
02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
My mistake was not coming over here yesterday and saying "HI" to my friend Morgan:)