PDA

View Full Version : What kind of iPod?

Evil Chris
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
What kind of iPod do you own?

There seems to be several versions out there now. Is anyone still using the original iPod? You know, the big one. Well, it isn't even that big unless you compare it to the newer models.

Personally I have a first generation iPod mini. A silver one. I won it last year from Klixxx (thanks again) :)

I didn't use it for the longest time, and then I decided to play around with it, load it up with songs, etc... Now I never forget to take it with me when I'm travelling somewhere, and it came in handy during my recent vacation down south.

Funbrunette
02-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't have one :( I'd like a pink one....Hint hint hint! :p

Raven
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
I travel a lot and go to the gym quite often. I bought a 60 gig video iPod and it's certainly paid for itself.....I've figured out how to get videos onto it and the music allows me to go to my happy place when I'm on the stupid treadmill or stupid elliptical...:)

blazi
02-24-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't have one yet either, I have much catching up to do lol

war_ner
02-27-2006, 03:11 AM
I don't have one her either. :(

Kenny B
02-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I have an ipod nano thanks Deecash!

wildgirl
03-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't have an ipod but I'm planning to get one :)

DonMike
03-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I was resistant to getting one for a long time but then my sister bought me one for Christmas. I said, "you can get me a mini or something", because I didn't want her to spend too much money on me. She said "the hell with that, you can only get a few hundred songs on that, to have any real value you need the new 60 gig one!!!" And she got me a video ipod. Yay!!! Now I don't know how I ever lived without it.

The irony is that she got one for herself and then took it back because it was too much trouble to import all of her CDs into it. LOL!

FB, the pink ones are nice, but you can get really nice covers in any color for them. Mine's thick black rubber and looks really sexy. ;)

GOD
03-01-2006, 06:36 PM
My 4GB black iPod Nano is absolutely <i>heavenly</i> .....

MorganGrayson
03-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I have a thing that sits on the counter, plugs into the wall, and obligingly plays the CDs I drop into it.

I only got a personal CD player a few years ago when I took a train trip, so that I could listen to music without disturbing anyone. It's been in a drawer ever since.

I may get through this incarnation without *ever* owing an iPod, because no one who knows me well enough to give me a gift would ever give me one.

I'm relentlessly low tech. :)

Magnus3x
03-01-2006, 06:53 PM
I gotz the mini.. but I'll be snagging the second gen. video Ipod after the summer. I need something to house my 8000 mp3s.

Cold_ice
03-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I have a 60 gig hooked up to my car deck which kicks ass. You really have to have it organized or you will never find anything or be scrolling forever.

MorganGrayson
03-01-2006, 11:31 PM
A theoretical question for mp3 fans: doesn't anyone like to listen to the entire body of work of an artist anymore? I like to listen to the entire - if you'll forgive me the use of this archaic word - album. I want to know what the artist intended, where he/she/they were going with the work. I also like to own the entire catalogues of artists I admire, to see how they've grown and experimented. Being a writer, I also study lyrics, occasionally with a pad and pen, challenging every word.

I do see the benefit of being able to pick up only a song or two here and there, though, and listen to them when I'd choose. I just can't see it ever being a lifestyle for me.

I also understand those of you who just muttered "oh, for fuck's sake, get OVER yourself already." I do tend to take some things way too seriously, my music collection being one of them. :)

Kenny B
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Does anyone use a Sony MP3 player? I was looking at this new cool 6 gig one for my g/f but the sales person at Best Buy said it had to be "legit" music and you couldn't load regular downloaded MP3's on it.

Is this true?

xxxmalouxxx
03-03-2006, 12:18 AM
I want something customized...an air brushed ipod

StaceyJo
03-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by xxxmalouxxx
I want something customized...an air brushed ipod

I doubt it if you could have that... :rolleyes:

DonMike
03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
A theoretical question for mp3 fans: doesn't anyone like to listen to the entire body of work of an artist anymore?

I totally understand where you're coming from. I do have a huge collection of Fleetwood Mac, Cocteau Twins, Stevie Nicks, Cyndi Lauper, Blondie. All my favorites growing up. And I have almost every album by each of them. But even then, there are going to be songs I don't like. And there are going to be bands that have one or two songs I like but the rest I don't. And what sucks more than having hundreds of CDs that each only have one or two songs you like on them? That's one thing I love about the iPod. I can have my cake and eat it too. I can buy each song for $.99 and make my own compilations, or I can download full CDs. And I can rip my CDs that I own. So now when I go on vacation I don't need to lug a huge stack of CDs with me in my bag. And the iPod lets you choose what you listen to by song, artist or album. So if I want to listen to Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, I can just click and go.

MorganGrayson
03-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Don...you have made some very valid points.

I may have to reconsider this iPod thing.

I still can't stand having things stuck in my ears....

DonMike
03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Don...you have made some very valid points.

I may have to reconsider this iPod thing.

I still can't stand having things stuck in my ears....

Well, I can't help you there. LOL!

I actually use my iPod in my car more than anywhere. I recently got a new car stereo (which was way past due) and made sure it came with a port in the front for easy connection to my pod. It's funny, I was really resistant to getting one, and now that I have one, I take it with me everywhere I go. Dammit Apple, ya got me. Ya finally got me!!!

GOD
03-07-2006, 03:41 AM
... I still can't stand having things stuck in my ears....

Those fine folks at Apple heard your cries Morgan ...

http://www.noticiasgadgets.com/images/ipod_access_nano_hifi.jpg

At $349 USD, its reported to have better sound than many much larger, much more expensive systems too! :cool:

gnat69
03-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I have a shuffle, paid $179 for it and they have just come down to about $89 I do believe....

LaurieX
03-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
I don't have one :( I'd like a pink one....Hint hint hint! :p

I wan't the pink one as well.

Anthony
03-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I have a 60GB Photo Color.

I've bought every kind and given away other than the nano and the video.

Evil Chris
03-09-2006, 02:59 PM
My Mom got an iPod shuffle for free at the bank.
She has no need for it, so FB is using it at the gym now.

It's pretty cool.

DonMike
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I couldn't deal with the shuffle. I'm too much of a control freak when it comes to my music. That's why I love my iPod. I used to take at least 20 CDs with me everywhere I went. Now I have hundreds of songs and full albums right in the palm of my hand.