PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dana Reeve

MorganGrayson
03-07-2006, 12:43 PM
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) - Dana Reeve, who won worldwide admiration for her devotion to her "Superman" husband, Christopher Reeve, through his decade of near-total paralysis, has died of lung cancer at the age of 44.

"Life isn't fair," she often said.

It sure as hell isn't.

gnat69
03-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Very Sad.....now she will be at peace with Chris

Stephane76
03-07-2006, 02:25 PM
awww sad news

i am glad i just quit smoking

MorganGrayson
03-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Stephane76
awww sad news

i am glad i just quit smoking

It's even worse...Dana Reeve never smoked. :(

Funbrunette
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
:( Well atleast they're together once again...Is it me or is everyone dying lately? Kirby, Chris Penn, even heard Patrick Swayze???

Shane
03-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Wait, Swazye is dead???

war_ner
03-08-2006, 01:10 AM
She is such a tough woman. I admire the courage, care,and the love she showed to her late husband.

MorganGrayson
03-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Patrick Swayze passed?!?!?!? I hadn't heard that. :(

I watched "To Wong Foo..." yesterday. His performance was incredible in that.

The "Today" show did a bit on lung cancer and women this morning. I know it should be viewed as a "public service" type thing, but my gut reaction was that it was exploitive. (I had a bad morning.)

When Chris Reeve was first paralyzed, and the inevitable "why?" question hit my head, I answered it by thinking that this beloved actor has an opportunity to draw attention to things that others could not. Stem cell research, etc. The same with Michael J. Fox, whose Parkinson's Disease allowed him to bring attention to research. Dana Reeve's lung cancer did the same: brought attention to the percentage of female lung cancer patients who never smoked.

Maybe there is a reason for everything and a purpose to everyone's life. If so, the Reeve's carried more than their share of the burden in doing good for their fellow beings. I like to believe that they are together in Summerland, walking hand in hand, looking down on their children.

Funbrunette
03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Patrick Swayze passed?!?!?!? I hadn't heard that. :(

I watched "To Wong Foo..." yesterday. His performance was incredible in that.

The "Today" show did a bit on lung cancer and women this morning. I know it should be viewed as a "public service" type thing, but my gut reaction was that it was exploitive. (I had a bad morning.)

When Chris Reeve was first paralyzed, and the inevitable "why?" question hit my head, I answered it by thinking that this beloved actor has an opportunity to draw attention to things that others could not. Stem cell research, etc. The same with Michael J. Fox, whose Parkinson's Disease allowed him to bring attention to research. Dana Reeve's lung cancer did the same: brought attention to the percentage of female lung cancer patients who never smoked.

Maybe there is a reason for everything and a purpose to everyone's life. If so, the Reeve's carried more than their share of the burden in doing good for their fellow beings. I like to believe that they are together in Summerland, walking hand in hand, looking down on their children.

MORGAN! I love "To Wong Foo..." I thought I was the only one to dig the guys in drag (snipes was amazing as well)! You have to see "Priscilla Queen of the desert"

http://www.blatinovideo.com/images/blatinovideo/ToWongFoo.jpeg

...Thanks for everything Julie Newmar! :p

xxxmalouxxx
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
sad to hear about this.. but at the bright side.. she's happy with being w/ chris now