PDA

View Full Version : guys, where do you get your hair cut?

Evil Chris
03-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Fancy salon with hottie hairdressers?
Or do you just go for the basic cut from an old Italian guy?

I go to a salon and pay the extra price because I know it's going to get done right.

Nickatilynx
03-10-2006, 11:15 AM
I go to Great Clips lol

DrGuile
03-10-2006, 11:20 AM
middle-aged Italian guy... he actually does a much better job than the fancy salon...

although it might keep you in denial to spend 30$ on a hair cut Chris, Ill have to point out that you dont really have much hair... might be able to save some money there...

Just a thought

Mr. Blue
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Old Italian guy...but then he retired and I couldn't find another old italian guy. So I tried one of those, umm, salon thingies. It was the first time I ever got my haircut by a woman (at least professionally).

She took out a tiny pair of scissors and started to cut...she only used a pair of really tiny scissors...it took 2 hours before she was done (did I mention she only used the tiny scissors? For the whole damn time?).

That was the last salon I visited. Luckily I ended up going with a woman that knew how to cut hair...so...problem solved. :D

Nickatilynx
03-10-2006, 11:33 AM
In my frivolous youth I had blonde highlights and long hair in wringlets.

( Why I just admitted that with Dr.Guile reading ...)

It used to be an all day thing going to the hair dressers. I can even remember who...Toni and Guy in London. Cost a bloody fortune too , like GBP200 and that was like 1980.

Until recently my wife cut my hair with clippers , but now I try and look less like a thug and more like a businessman. :)

MorganGrayson
03-10-2006, 11:36 AM
I've been to froo-froo salons with effete hairdressers who charged a fortune to butcher my hair and nearly reduced me to tears. (That was the day QB had to be restrained from throwing the guy off the top of Horton Plaza in downtown San Diego.) I've gotten great haircuts from little places in strip malls that I dashed into with my "I don't give a shit, it's hot outside, get this blanket OFF my head!" in full force.

I hate, loathe and despise being touched by strangers, so I prefer not to pay the big bucks to be annoyed. It's a crap shoot either way, so I figure at least I'm not going to be out the money if it turns out lousy. I just keep muttering "it will grow out" and it always does....

Anthony
03-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Before I went and shaved my head again, I drove down to the Ghetto and got my hair cut in a barber shop with the brothers.

Bhelliom
03-10-2006, 03:11 PM
I've had my head shaved since i was 16 and did it myself.... as you can see in my pic its growing.. (i'm whipped by my gf) i think it about time to get my first real cut in almost 10 years

Newton
03-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Used to have it done wherever I was working at the time, mostly head shaved, old time barber shave, a facial, manicure and pedicure. Hmm need to find a decent barber for the good shaves here or will just end up getting a cut throat razor :)

Sin
03-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I usually pay around $30 a haircut... I HAD a hairdresser, but apparently they're closing down for renovations that are happening, so I need to find a new one for a bit... lame!

Quagmire
03-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I get it done as cheaply as possible. Its hair, it grows back.

Trev
03-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Dax stylists do my hair these days, plus I get all the treatment mentioned by Newton and feel like the dogs bollocks when I'm done (I know - I said I never would) but it comes at a price... :(

domtheboy
03-10-2006, 05:32 PM
It's a home clippers job for me, I'm a cheap bar steward :)

Trev
03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by domtheboy
It's a home clippers job for me, I'm a cheap bar steward :) DOM!!!!

Hows it going me old mukka?

domtheboy
03-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Not so bad Trev :) Nice to see the "OLD GUARD" posting again.

So whatcha up to these days then huh ? All good with you ?

Trev
03-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Not so bad Trev :) Nice to see the "OLD GUARD" posting again.

So whatcha up to these days then huh ? All good with you ? It has been a while but it's good to be posting again lol... things are good here, exciting work and times. ;)

domtheboy
03-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Good good. You need to let me know how you were getting on with that thing you were telling me about.

Trev
03-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Good good. You need to let me know how you were getting on with that thing you were telling me about. Sending you a pm in a moe ;)

domtheboy
03-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Trev
Sending you a pm in a moe ;)

sweeeet :)

Vid Vicious
03-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I usually get one of the models to come in and cut it ...

Then I go to the Hairdresser and pay $60

Evil Chris
03-10-2006, 11:34 PM
See... I used to go to the Italian barbershop. I'd get Bruno to do it because he was the only one who knew what the hell he was doing.

But many times I'd get there and Bruno would be busy with someone. Meanwhile there's another barber willing to take me on, and even waving me over.

So do I tell him I'm waiting for Bruno and risk an offer I can't refuse?
Or do I go ahead and get the worst haircut of my life?

It's starting to sound like something out of a Seinfeld episode, but it's true! So at least now I can call and make an appointment with the person who I know will do the job right.

Guile... I may be going grey... but the hair is all there! ;)

Jimmidean
03-11-2006, 07:30 AM
My mom and a bowl.....
Actually same guy for the last five years.
He has not got it right yet but keeps trying.

Panky
03-11-2006, 08:10 AM
I don't get my hair cut, I just let it grow. :D

Seriously...when I can't stand it anymore and it is growing out every which way, I go to a salon to get it trimmed and styled. That can be a royal pain in the ass until you find someone who knows what they are doing.

Mr. Blue
03-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
So do I tell him I'm waiting for Bruno and risk an offer I can't refuse?

You wait for Bruno of course...sheesh you two timer.

Seriously when my old barber (Joe) was busy and one of the other barbers waved me over I just politely raised my hand and said, "No, I'm waiting for Joe"

Now, to guarantee that this system would always stay in place I used to tip Joe a $5 after every cut. Considering the haircut was $6, this was a good tip...so whenever I said I was waiting, Joe would wave to the other barber to take the next sucker in line.

Only one time did I use the other barber, Joe was out, I needed a haircut, so I settled. The guy sucked, he also cut me with a straight razor by accident (or was it).

MorganGrayson
03-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Mr. Blue...one of the things I admire the most about men is their willingness and ability to be in the same room with a stranger who has a straight razor in his hand. Especially when said straight razor is going to be in the vicinity of both the carotid and the jugular. It's impressive. I don't trust people quite that much. ::-|

I'm letting my hair grow out, too, Panky. After years of short hair, I've decided to let be longer. How much longer I haven't quite decided yet.

When I was little, my mother cut my hair. The poor woman could never quite get fastened down on the fact that hair shrinks when it dries. Hence, I always had those tiny, ugly bangs that made me cry. I swore I'd never do that to my own kids. When it came time for one of my daughters very first haircut, I took her to a salon. The hairdresser put the seat across the arms of the chair and my two-year-old sat on it. The hairdresser looked at me and said "how does she want it cut?" I replied "ask her." The hairdresser looked puzzled, and enquired. My toddler explained in great detail how she wanted her hair cut. It took the hairdresser some time to get her lower jaw up off the floor. :D

Mr. Blue
03-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Mr. Blue...one of the things I admire the most about men is their willingness and ability to be in the same room with a stranger who has a straight razor in his hand. Especially when said straight razor is going to be in the vicinity of both the carotid and the jugular. It's impressive. I don't trust people quite that much. ::-|

I happen to shave with a straight razor, best shave you'll ever get. Also, if you cut yourself with a straight razor its so sharp you don't feel it.

Now that you say it though, hmm, yeah a psycho barber could easily...okay, well, I'm glad I don't go to barbers anymore, lol.

My fiancee wanted to shave me with my straight razor...thought it would be "sexy"...umm...NO...it would be dangerous...not sexy...so yeah I do draw the limits to skilled professionals.

I did let her use a disposable razor on me...she cut the hell out of me with that...a straight razor I'd be dead right now, lol.

MorganGrayson
03-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Mr. Blue...my husband and I once thought it would be erotic for him to shave my legs. *sigh* "Erotic," it was not. "Stressful," it was. He put so much effort into not cutting me and I put so much effort into being a frozen statue and not moving - because I knew the man would immediately slit his throat if he accidentally cut me - that it didn't end up being the erotic experience we'd hoped for.

I once went through this incredibly stupid phase of cutting my legs just about every time I shaved them and he threatened to take my razor away from me and do it himself if I continued in that manner. Thankfully, whatever curse that had been put upon me wore off and I stopped that.

I'd never in a million years ever shave his face. No way. No how. I've watched him do it, and he whips that razor around in multiple directions while carrying on a conversation but there's no way I'd do it. He's only cut himself shaving maybe a couple of times in all the decades that I've known him, but I know damned well that the second I so much as picked up a razor...he'd begin to spout blood.

Some things just seem more erotic than they actually turn out to be.

(Except for having sex on the fluffy pink rug in his mother's bathroom. That actually did turn out to be the total whiz bang experience we thought it would be. However, we were much younger then....)

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
[B]Mr. Blue...my husband and I once thought it would be erotic for him to shave my legs. *sigh* "Erotic," it was not. "Stressful," it was. He put so much effort into not cutting me and I put so much effort into being a frozen statue and not moving - because I knew the man would immediately slit his throat if he accidentally cut me - that it didn't end up being the erotic experience we'd hoped for.

Well those weed whackers get heavy after a while...

;-)))

Evil Chris
03-12-2006, 10:40 AM
My haircuts are fairly straightforward. Number 2 attachment for the sides and back, and a trim up top.

Strange how some barbers can still fuck that up!

war_ner
03-13-2006, 01:58 AM
I am not really that choosy when it comes to barbershops. All barbers are the same when it comes to their expertise with our hair anyway.

oil
03-13-2006, 04:02 AM
I shave my bald head self :D