PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever do a detox?

Funbrunette
03-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Not for drugs...lol Like a "body cleansing" I just started this herbal detox yesterday and I feel really "yucky" I wonder if it's normal the first few days.... I've never drank so much water in my life...lol ::-|

Anthony
03-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Yep, I do one once a year. You'll feel like shit for a week or two, normal.

Drink tons of water, and keep the toilet running. hehe

I lost 10lbs in a week just doing a detox, which included intestine flush.

MorganGrayson
03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
I've heard a lot about those but I've never done one.

I have done the "cleansing" required before a colonoscopy, however. It makes one feel positively virtuous for having undergone it. As well as grateful that it's not a frequent occurence....

"Flushing the system" is supposed to be very healthy.

Shann
03-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I have never done one but I know quite a few people who are doing them now or thinking about it. I quit smoking, this is as cleansed as I am gonna get! LOL

Evil Chris
03-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I might try it... I'll see how it goes for FB.

I don't feel like being on the john 10 times a day for a week.

Seska
03-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I am not sure what you mean by yucky. Is it your energy? Your digestion? Headaches? Are you working with a naturopath or doctor? They can give you feedback on your response to the program.

I am nearing the end of a month long detox program. I found I had a huge increase in energy the first week of my program with a dip in the second and third. Other than that I have felt really good. No cravings for salty or greasy foods like I usually have. I am looking forward to introducing certain foods back into my diet but I am really happy to have been eating so "clean".

Funbrunette
03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Seska
I am not sure what you mean by yucky. Is it your energy? Your digestion? Headaches? Are you working with a naturopath or doctor? They can give you feedback on your response to the program.

I am nearing the end of a month long detox program. I found I had a huge increase in energy the first week of my program with a dip in the second and third. Other than that I have felt really good. No cravings for salty or greasy foods like I usually have. I am looking forward to introducing certain foods back into my diet but I am really happy to have been eating so "clean".

Well without being too nasty I go to bathroom ALL THE TIME (thinking of moving my office in there) I have a headache and my energy is low... Just did 30 min of cardio and it felt like 1 hour! Now All I'm thinking about is food...lol I can eat quite a bit on this detox (but not the food I crave) I want junk...lol This is my first Official day so I got 11 more days to go and I'm not a quitter, but damn!!! Seska did you lose weight? It would be an added bonus if I did...

I was extremely lucky after I gave birth to Ryan I lost a ton of weight I ended up being thinner then before my pregnancy...But now 3 years later the metabolism is slowing down :rolleyes: And I find I need to kick myself in the butt to get going! That's when I decided to see a naturopath.
He suggested I "cleanse" myself... (didn't think I looked like a dirrrrrty girl) lol

OK I can do this!
:ban3:

King Adam
03-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Just curious ... but what do you do to detox besides drink a ton of water. What do you put in your body for food and energy?

Funbrunette
03-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by King Adam
Just curious ... but what do you do to detox besides drink a ton of water. What do you put in your body for food and energy?

Oh I eat, just healthy stuff and I'm using herbs, tincture to well errrr....Cleanse me...Gets rid of the toxins and all the bad shit (literally) you have in your body) Sorry Adam I don't want to get graphic here...lol ::-|

Anthony
03-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Remember this...

You have min 3 meals stuck in your lower intestines. :(

MorganGrayson
03-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
Remember this...

You have min 3 meals stuck in your lower intestines. :(

I've heard that...and shuddered.

I do know that after the pre-colonoscopy stuff, which involved drinking all manner of heinous things, my intestines were all bright and shiny pink. (They put the monitor where I could see it.)

Reflectively, I wonder how far this group would have to go in a discussion before somebody bellows "TMI!!!!" In many and varied discussions I don't think we've hit it.

I like working in an industry where you don't have to watch every word or subject that comes out of your mouth. Makes it hard to go back out amongst the "civilians," though. :)

Funbrunette
03-10-2006, 04:40 PM
READ (http://www.drnatura.com/colonixinstructions.html)

1) Colonix™ Intestinal Cleanser (powder)

2) Paranil ™Anti-Parasite Support (vegetarian capsules)

3) KleriTea™ for Regularity and Detoxification (herbal tea)

PICTURES (GROSS) BEWARE! (http://www.drnatura.com/picture_gallery.html) ::-|

MorganGrayson
03-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette

Here I am...NOT clicking...NOT clicking...oh, no, thank you.... ::-|

Quagmire
03-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Well without being too nasty I go to bathroom ALL THE TIME (thinking of moving my office in there) I have a headache and my energy is low... Just did 30 min of cardio and it felt like 1 hour! Now All I'm thinking about is food...lol I can eat quite a bit on this detox (but not the food I crave) I want junk...lol This is my first Official day so I got 11 more days to go and I'm not a quitter, but damn!!! Seska did you lose weight? It would be an added bonus if I did...

I was extremely lucky after I gave birth to Ryan I lost a ton of weight I ended up being thinner then before my pregnancy...But now 3 years later the metabolism is slowing down :rolleyes: And I find I need to kick myself in the butt to get going! That's when I decided to see a naturopath.
He suggested I "cleanse" myself... (didn't think I looked like a dirrrrrty girl) lol

OK I can do this!
:ban3: <EMBED SRC="http://sounds.wavcentral.com/movies/nutty_prof/npcolon.mp3" autostart="true" loop="false" hidden="false">

Thats all I have to say about the matter :D

Funbrunette
03-10-2006, 05:01 PM
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't stop laughing! :relief:

King Adam
03-10-2006, 06:50 PM

First .. thanks, good info. I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Second ... DAMN .. those pics are pretty intense. I don't know if I can handle seeing that daily when I do my morning business.

Vid Vicious
03-10-2006, 07:18 PM
and you re doing this because ???

Quagmire
03-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Vid Vicious
and you re doing this because ??? If you could guarantee that all that nasty buildup and growth would come out of your system by doing it, isn't that reason enough?

You have to keep in mind that our bodies aren't really meant to handle the chemicals and crap that is labeled as food we pump into them every day. Like anything else it will build up over time.

Visualad
03-11-2006, 01:24 PM
wtf happened to training?

go back to the gym girl...

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 01:26 PM
I spoke to a doctor yesterday about it .Well last night.

1.) Its total quackery. No tests or studies have been done on it.
2.) The "interesting" stools are basically a product of the crap / powder /blend of herbs thjey make you take.That is the form they eventually take in your insides lol
3.) Colonic irrigation has been classed an invasive procedure in Cali to stop dopey hippy "speaialists" from performiong it.

If I am gonna do something to my body I'd rather do it on the basis of advice from someone with a MD from Harvard , MCGill rather than from Sherri Moonflower Andrews MSc ( Association of Homeopathic Medicinal Prescribers of San Diego).

Call me old fashioned....

Sorry to bring up actual medical information into this thread instead of some half baked drug addled hoppy's idea of what might work.

;-))

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Oh and look...

Look at the PRICE they charge for basically a laxative mixed with fibre...

Fucking sweet..people are soooo gulible , its why I sit in a 6000sqft house looking out my window past the baby grand piano ,pausing only momentarily to admire the Dali,to at majestic Mt Baker in the distance on ,this fine sunny morning :)

( flash bastard!) ;-)))

Wonder if they have an affiliate program. I have a few people I should email over the great health benefits of DrNatura....

;-))))

Jesus...people we are in the marketing business and you guys are the biggest marks of all...

;-)))

Anthony
03-11-2006, 01:37 PM
So, when are you going on it?!

LOL

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 01:39 PM
So, when are you going on it?!

LOL

Pobably next week.....

LOL

( You know me too well!!! There is the "sane calculating business minded Nickatilynx" and then there is the "totally up for it sucker born every minute Nickatilynx"

ahahahahahahahahahaha

FUCK!!!

Hey the do good discounts for 2 mths supply...its a bargain...

LOL

Anthony
03-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Trust me after the first week, you'll want no part of it, for another year!

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 01:42 PM
If they said it could knopck 5 strokes off your golf game I'd buy a years worth....

hmmm golf stuff...

People would buy something if they truely believed it would knock 5 strokes off there golf game...I mean thats where they really advertise those copper bracelets....

Wealthy demographic....something that magically will improve yr golf game....

Shit...this could be brilliant...

improves yr golf game...improves sexual performance and cleans yr colon....

hmmmm ...you reallly have got me thinking...

I've got the foundations of "a cunning plan"...

;-))))

Anthony
03-11-2006, 01:43 PM
hahahahahahaa, you can also market very well to the gay community. :)

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 01:52 PM
hahahahahahaa, you can also market very well to the gay community. :)

Brilliant!!!

Seriously this could be a right earner....

LOL

Funbrunette
03-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok, first of all THIS IS NOT THE PROGRAM I AM ON! I posted the link to show what I was talking about (example)...If you read at the beginning it's called the Herbal Detox by a company called "Wild Rose" (Ironically) I'm not doing it to lose weight I am doing to feel better and flush out the toxins. Visualad, I still work out everyday....

Nick I hear ya, I spoke with a Naturopath and my doctor (GP) and it's very healthy and safe.

Come on tell me you didn't enjoy those pictures (like I would play in my own shit...lol) ::-|

Funbrunette
03-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok a little update...I'm feeling 80% better. I'm feeling like I have more energy than I have had in a long time, I'm in a better mood and I sleep much better at night...To top it off I've lost 4 pounds.

I'm keeping my workout to 5 days a week and oddly enough I'm not hungry, if anything I feel full most times (I've never eaten so much fruits and veggies in my whole life!) and water, well I must drink about 2 litres a day...

This is giving me good incentive to keep going....:D

Seska
03-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Today was my last day of the cleanse. My energy is up and I did lose a bit of weight (though that was not my goal). Laxatives and diuretics were not part of my program - though I did see an increase in that department but nothing weird like those pics.

I think any weight loss I had was due to not eating any junk food and watching my portion size. It is easy for me to eat more when I eat junk food but I fill up much quicker when I am basing my meals around vegetables.

Anyway, I feel fantasitc (and I also work out - I am training for a half marathon).

Vid Vicious
03-14-2006, 09:43 AM
all this talk makes me want to go and join a gym .....

... ok the impulse has passed .. carry on

Stephane76
03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
iam doing the sex detox ! feels greatttt

Funbrunette
03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Stephane76
iam doing the sex detox ! feels greatttt

La kekette colle plus? ::-| lol

Stephane76
03-14-2006, 10:28 AM
si si elle colle mais dans le vent...
c est bon ca fait du bien de se reposer ( jusqu'à demain )

LaurieX
03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Those pictures were so nasty Ewww

MorganGrayson
03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
My husband and I have taken to beginning every meal with a salad. There's a local store called "Henry's" (or "Sprouts," depending...the place keeps changing its name) that sells health food, fruits and vegetables, items in bulk...one of those cool places where you spend much less money, come out with a lot more bags...and it's all food.

I have lots of "salad veggies" to get ready today. Romaine lettuce, green lettuce, red lettuce, spinach, cucumber, green onions, Roma tomatoes and red, yellow and green peppers. I'm going to sizzle some boneless, skinless turkey thigh chunks to put in it, too. One huge "chef's salad a la maison" tonight. :)

For dessert: I sat down with about six pounds or so of fresh peaches, peeled and sliced them then portioned them out into quart freezer bags to freeze. Canned peaches can't hold a candle to the "real stuff."

This makes up for the outrageously good cinnamon raisen bread they sell that I buy for toast. Yummy. :)

So far my "exercise program" is accompanying Dingo outside and wandering around, but since that's loads more exercise than I *was* getting, I'm a winner. :)

Stephane76
03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
My husband and I have taken to beginning every meal with a salad. There's a local store called "Henry's" (or "Sprouts," depending...the place keeps changing its name) that sells health food, fruits and vegetables, items in bulk...one of those cool places where you spend much less money, come out with a lot more bags...and it's all food.

salad is better after the entree :)

MorganGrayson
03-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Stephane76
salad is better after the entree :)

Ah...even as I typed that, I waited for the "before/after" discussion to begin! :D

Americans, being the uncultured beasties that we are, have it before the meal. ;)

Also, if the point of having a salad is to fill you up with the "healthy stuff" and prevent over-eating on everything else, it should come before. :)