PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this Ex Smokers Gut has got to go

Anthony
03-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I gained a shitload of weight quitting smoking. It's affecting my BJJ, I can't breath while I have another equally large man on top of me attempting to kill me.

I'm back on Atkins, just finished shopping, I lose 10 to 15 lbs in the first week or two, so this should be fun, fun, fun.

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 12:59 PM
I have lost over 20lbs since xmass.

No fried foods , little red meat. Tons of veggies and fruit ( virtually unlimited)

Treadmill and weights , PLUS weather permitting I intend to play 5 rounds of golf per week.

Newton thinks 5 is too few...lol

Anthony
03-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm shooting for this.

Wish me luck.

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/59/02/56504409-dc3b-0208015B-.jpg

Nickatilynx
03-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Shoot for the stars and if you only hit the moon you have done great my friend.

;-)))

Evil Chris
03-11-2006, 01:48 PM
FB is currently on a plan from these guys... (http://www.wildrose.com/)

If it works well for her, I might try it as well.
I need to get on the treadmill too.

Funbrunette
03-11-2006, 03:50 PM
I was lucky I quit almost 3 years ago when I found out I was pregnant...(Obviously I gained wait, from the pregnancy) but after Ryan was born I worked out and ate healty and was back to my original weight (if not thinner) But I feel for you I hear a lot of people telling me they're gaining weight....When they quit. It's not HOW much you eat it's WHAT you eat... :D

MorganGrayson
03-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Anthony, you've known me for years, so the following bit of emotional support should surprise you not at all. :)

You've already taken a step that most experts consider critical in any "self-improvement" effort. You've told people. Most of all, you've told people who actually care whether or not you succeed. Always take the time to mention your successes, be they big or be they small, on here and get the kudos and support you need to keep going. Also mention the frustrations you'll have, the plateurs you hit, etc., so that your supporters can urge you on.

You can't do something like this in a vacuum. I was on Weight Watchers for a while - I dropped it for the time being when I moved and had to do "medical things," because I can only juggle so many balls at once - but I'll get back to it. Their whole program is based on not only sound eating advice but MAD emotional and psychological support. (My youngest sister recently got a pin for losing 60 pounds in her effort. My other sister gets applause at her meetings.) I was doing it online, and they have chat rooms, zillions of them, so that you can chat with people who have things in common with you. Age, stages of life, hobbies, etc., etc.

I wish you, instead of luck, strength and belief in yourself. I know that if anyone can have washboard abs (I rather like that phrase) again you can.

Just don't make the tummy too damned hard. Most women consider it terribly polite for a man to have a comfortable place for her to rest her head during "physical workouts" of her own...if you get my drift there. :yowsa:

Anthony
03-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Anthony, you've known me for years, so the following bit of emotional support should surprise you not at all. :)

You've already taken a step that most experts consider critical in any "self-improvement" effort. You've told people. Most of all, you've told people who actually care whether or not you succeed. Always take the time to mention your successes, be they big or be they small, on here and get the kudos and support you need to keep going. Also mention the frustrations you'll have, the plateurs you hit, etc., so that your supporters can urge you on.

You can't do something like this in a vacuum. I was on Weight Watchers for a while - I dropped it for the time being when I moved and had to do "medical things," because I can only juggle so many balls at once - but I'll get back to it. Their whole program is based on not only sound eating advice but MAD emotional and psychological support. (My youngest sister recently got a pin for losing 60 pounds in her effort. My other sister gets applause at her meetings.) I was doing it online, and they have chat rooms, zillions of them, so that you can chat with people who have things in common with you. Age, stages of life, hobbies, etc., etc.

I wish you, instead of luck, strength and belief in yourself. I know that if anyone can have washboard abs (I rather like that phrase) again you can.

Just don't make the tummy too damned hard. Most women consider it terribly polite for a man to have a comfortable place for her to rest her head during "physical workouts" of her own...if you get my drift there. :yowsa:

LOL, thank you for the kind words! :)

My mother in two months lost 25lbs, dropped down from a size 12 to size 6. So, if my 58 old mother can do it, I know I can! :)

Newton
03-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Good luck mate and stick with it.

I need to get some glycerlean whey in and start with the gym downstairs now I am getting settled. Time to start getting big :)

MorganGrayson
03-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Newton
Good luck mate and stick with it.

I need to get some glycerlean whey in and start with the gym downstairs now I am getting settled. Time to start getting big :)

Newton...what on earth is "glycerlean whey"? ::-|

MorganGrayson
03-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
LOL, thank you for the kind words! :)

My mother in two months lost 25lbs, dropped down from a size 12 to size 6. So, if my 58 old mother can do it, I know I can! :)

Anthony...thank you for mentioning your Mom. It's doubly - if not even more exponentially - difficult to lose weight once one is past a certain age. The body doth rebell.

I'm also grateful to learn that I'm younger than your Mom. :) Lately, it seems, that every time a webmaster around here mentions there parental unit's age...I just want to crawl under my desk and keen softly to myself.

Newton
03-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Newton...what on earth is "glycerlean whey"? ::-|

http://www.muscle-shop.co.uk/product.asp?ProdID=1306&utm_source=muscletalk&utm_medium=bannerclick&utm_campaign=muscle-shop-apr01

The chocolats is very nice in a blender with some fruit and a bit of water, makes a great smoothie.