PDA

View Full Version : I Hate, Loathe and Despise ICQ

MorganGrayson
03-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Last night, shortly after midnight...a sound blasted through my house. I came straight up off the mattress, heart pounding in my chest. My little dog went berserk. "What the HELL was THAT?" I enquired of my beloved. "What was what?" my beloved mumbled in response. "That...sound." "I didn't hear anything," my beloved - still my beloved, but pushing it - mumbled. (He's one of those people who can fall asleep as his head descends *toward* the pillow.) Skipping completely over the "how in the absolute FUCK could you NOT have heard that?!?!?" part, I duplicated the sound as best as possible, my heart still providing the percussion section. "Happy Birthday?" my beloved asked.

Oh.

Damn it all. Shortly after midnight, a new day...someone was having a birthday and despite the fact that my ICQ was OFF...birthday announcements always come through. My speakers are going through a "we're going to blast everything and there's nothing you can do about it" phase, too.

It was worse than those idiots who have the "custom" car horn that plays stupid things...and always outside your house at 2:00 AM. This sounded like one of those, only in the office.

I hate it when things like this happen and there's no one to slap silly. :mad:

I'd slap "birthday boy" if I could remember who in the heck he was. The way ICQ acts, it might not even be his birthday.