PDA

View Full Version : Nevewr ,ever , ever

Nickatilynx
03-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Spill a full cup of coffee over your laptop.

I've bought a replacement and have been trying to remember passwords all day.

I got one of the latest mini Sonys.

a.) they look pimp
b.) easy to frisbee

:)

MorganGrayson
03-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Am I the only one on the entire internet that has a notebook with all of my usernames and passwords written in it??? ::-|

But...I do feel your pain, Nick, although all I've ever done is become named "California's Number One Keyboard Killer." Usually coffee. Sometimes a soft drink, though.

I kept all beverages away from the laptop.

Sucker died anyway.

Panky
03-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
Am I the only one on the entire internet that has a notebook with all of my usernames and passwords written in it??? ::-|

LOL! No. I write everything down. The good thing is, I'm the only one who can ever read it. I write neat, but small, and my notebooks usually only make sense to me. LOL!

I just never got used to the 100% virtual office thing. Even when everything is backed up everywhere, I still never gave up writing everything down.

Evil Chris
03-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Ohhhhh shite!
That's not good. As it is now my DEL, INS, Prt Sc, and Home buttons are still sticky from my spilling a bit of juice on them several months ago. But an entire cup of coffee?

I'm with you... not one password written down anywhere.
Most I can remember though.

(*edit: you remembered your XNations password, which is good enuf for me) ;)

war_ner
03-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Damn, that sucks. Good luck on that man!

Anthony
03-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx
Spill a full cup of coffee over your laptop.

I've bought a replacement and have been trying to remember passwords all day.

I got one of the latest mini Sonys.

a.) they look pimp
b.) easy to frisbee

:)

Did you get the one with the built in camera? Those are neat.

Nickatilynx
03-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Yup :)

This one...

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1002353&navigationPath=n32009n32160n100192

You wanna see something nice ?

;-))

MorganGrayson
03-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Panky
LOL! No. I write everything down. The good thing is, I'm the only one who can ever read it. I write neat, but small, and my notebooks usually only make sense to me. LOL!

I just never got used to the 100% virtual office thing. Even when everything is backed up everywhere, I still never gave up writing everything down.

One of my favorite things to growl at my technophile husband is "paper doesn't crash!!!" I like things I can touch. I like being able to say "oh, how 'bout we try the frigging ADDRESS BOOK that's right by the PHONE?!?!?" when my husband blathers about needing a phone number or address. I like being able to say to myself "oops" and then go immediately to the book and look up the username/password for whatever.

The one thing I can't seem to make myself do it back everything up at the end of the day, and that *is* something my husband does at work, so he gets to feel superior about that.

Bhelliom
03-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah see? I don't write things down for the simple reason that I have a really really bad tendency to lose things. I've lost so many address books and "non-electronic" things like that... the only way I can keep anything is to put it in something i paid a lot of money for... so I'm more careful about where i put things

Sin
03-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Another "not so desirable" activity is to dump an entire glass of apple cider, on the PC.

Although it didn't kill the PC.

Anthony
03-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx
Yup :)

This one...

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1002353&navigationPath=n32009n32160n100192

You wanna see something nice ?

;-))

I'm not falling for that line for the 43rd time!

Yah, that's sweet, I am surprised you went Sony again, knowing your disposition to hammer fist typing and the delicate keyboards on the Vaio's.

I have become a diehard IBM Thinkpad guy!

Stephane76
03-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Ohhhhh shite!
That's not good. As it is now my DEL, INS, Prt Sc, and Home buttons are still sticky from my spilling a bit of juice on them several months ago. But an entire cup of coffee?

I'm with you... not one password written down anywhere.
Most I can remember though.(*edit: you remembered your XNations password, which is good enuf for me) ;)

you sure it was juice? eheeh

i store all my passes in a txt file stored in my usb keychain:D