PDA

View Full Version : This is EASILY One Of The BEST "Horror" Movies..

Visualad
03-23-2006, 05:53 AM
THE DESCENT

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/

Since 2000, a ton of horror movies have been released, but they all fail somewhere.. They are just not scary...

AND I almost NEVER get scared, or even feel uncomfortable with 99% of horror or thriller movies.. But this is one GREAT movie..

Had me twisting and turning when watching it..

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Funbrunette
03-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Going to ak Chris to rent it for me since I'm limited to the couch and my bed for a few days until I recover...Thanks babe! :)

domtheboy
03-23-2006, 06:32 PM
I thought it was a bit shit myself :(

Trev
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by domtheboy
I thought it was a bit shit myself :(
A bit shit?!?! I thought it was total wank...

war_ner
03-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I make sure I am near the doorway when I watch that one.. :)

King Adam
03-24-2006, 03:39 PM
They just don't make horror movies the way the used to.

I wish I could remember the names of the horror flicks I watched as a kid. Gave me nightmares like crazy.

DonMike
03-24-2006, 03:46 PM
You know, King Adam, I'd be inclined to agree, but you need to get your butt to the theater to see the remake of The Hills Have Eyes.

I grew up on horror movies and usally poo poo every new attempt that comes down the pike. The remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was gross as all get out but scary? Nah. The Hills Have Eyes scared the crap out of me. It was gross and nasty, yes, but it had the right amount of jumps and jitters to make me thank God and RandyBlue that the wonderful powers that be here at MaxPixels are flying my ass out to Phoenix because there is not a chance in hell that I am ever... and I repeat EVER going to be driving through the desert again. This movie does for transdesert travel what Jaws did for swimming pools and Psycho did for showers.

Two thumbs up and a round of a paws. ;)

King Adam
03-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DonMike
You know, King Adam, I'd be inclined to agree, but you need to get your butt to the theater to see the remake of The Hills Have Eyes.

I grew up on horror movies and usally poo poo every new attempt that comes down the pike. The remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was gross as all get out but scary? Nah. The Hills Have Eyes scared the crap out of me. It was gross and nasty, yes, but it had the right amount of jumps and jitters to make me thank God and RandyBlue that the wonderful powers that be here at MaxPixels are flying my ass out to Phoenix because there is not a chance in hell that I am ever... and I repeat EVER going to be driving through the desert again. This movie does for transdesert travel what Jaws did for swimming pools and Psycho did for showers.

The Hills Have Eyes .. never heard of it. I'll have to give it a shot. But then again, I live in the desert. I hope this movie doesn't ruin it.

DonMike
03-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by King Adam
The Hills Have Eyes .. never heard of it. I'll have to give it a shot. But then again, I live in the desert. I hope this movie doesn't ruin it.

Oh, it will. It will.

The original was highly disturbing too, because it was done really cheaply, but done very well, so it had this almost documentary feeling to it. Not like Blair Witch but just that you really felt for the family that was being terrorized. The remake is very high gloss and tons of special effects, but this is one of the rare cases where it adds to the story instead of taking away.

Funbrunette
03-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by DonMike

I agree babe, I saw the Hills have eyes and it REALLY freaked me out....As for the movie Visualad recomended I fell asleep on it....Doesn't count I was on pain killers...lol I'll have to rent it again!