PDA

View Full Version : Winner Named for 'Home Office From Hell'

MorganGrayson
03-30-2006, 11:42 AM
NEW YORK (AP) - If you work from an office in your home, you probably have a pretty good idea of the meaning of the word "frustrating." Jason Welshonse does. He runs a computer support and consulting firm and has just won a competition called the "Home Office From Hell Contest."

Entrants had to list the top ten reasons they needed to escape their home offices.

Among the winner's reasons: "I have to yell "Phone!" really loud when the phone rings to make sure all TV's and radios get muted so I can answer it."

Another winning reason: "I've started to refer to my pets as employees."

The contest was sponsored by offices2share.com, a Website that helps small businesses find short-term, ready-to-use office space.

The prize is a pre-paid one-year office lease at any offices2share.com location.

Wait a minute.
Your pets *aren't* employees? ::-|
I guess I'll be hearing from the IRS soon. :(

gnat69
03-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey that is very cool, love the pets as employees.....LMAO....

now if the dog could just slobbering on the papers I need him to fax....my machine keeps getting jammed...hehe

very cute, wish I would have known about this I could use a space for my mainstream company, but all in good time...

MorganGrayson
03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by gnat69
Hey that is very cool, love the pets as employees.....LMAO....

now if the dog could just slobbering on the papers I need him to fax....my machine keeps getting jammed...hehe

very cute, wish I would have known about this I could use a space for my mainstream company, but all in good time...

heheheh...I love the "fax" story. :)

We once owned this huge, old machine that was part fax, part copier, part printer...it probably also made coffee. One of the cats did something to it and made it speak German. We could never figure out how to turn it back. You also had to stick a bent paperclip in something to press on something (I was never very clear on this part at all) to make it turn on to print.

It finally died completely...thankfully.

That was several printers ago. We finally got one with the buttons on the *front* of the machine so the cats can't play with them. They still love watching the printed pages slide out, though. Better than television, apparently. :)