PDA

View Full Version : Chris is great travel buddy!

Kenny B
04-05-2006, 12:26 PM
By chance the Evil one was on my flight to and from the Forum. Other then the stinky woman sitting in front of us on the way there the flights were nice and smooth.

FB he missed you and Ryan quite a bit!

Fyi Chris, I didn't get stopped at customs thankfully!

Evil Chris
04-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Kenny that was crazy how our itineraries were IDENTICAL without even being planned that way!

Glad you didn't get stopped at customs. I was kinda wondering how you were going to explain the toilet seat you were carrying in your back pack! haha..

Vid Vicious
04-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Custom was a breeze this time around .. I packed my Passport so well .. I couldn't find it before my flight .. I had no problems entering the country with my Drivers Lics. Damn I love CANADA

Funbrunette
04-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Bonus! I hate flying so I would of been happy to bump into you too! It's always better when you have someone that doesn't stink to talk too...lol :p

Kenny B
04-06-2006, 02:07 PM
In all fairness I do snore a fair bit:-)

GoodChris
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Kenny B
In all fairness I do snore a fair bit:-)

true, but you make a great maid in the morning when you wake up...

I've never had as good of a roomie as you KB!

Kenny B
04-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm a mooch but I clean, like any good woma... wait a minute, thanks for the compliment!

MorganGrayson
04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
I remember a flight to a show in New Orleans where it turned out that most of the airplane was headed to the show.

I do believe we frightened the civilians just a bit.

This was the last flight I ever took, and almost got me over my fear of flying. We had one of those "air pocket" hits where the plane dropped. It was just enough to give me a taste of what it felt like. (I knew the physics involved.) Once my stomach came down out of my sinuses I thought "well, I've done it and survived. Yay, me." :) The San Diego airport was built by a psychotic. Landing and takeoffs are the bane of most pilot's existence. Our pilot cut the runway a tad short, touched the wheels down and immediately floored it (or whatever) and took off again to circle the bay. Normally, that would have frightened the life out of me, but Providence had provided an exhausted mother and her three small children. I was amusing them and letting her rest. I assured the children that the pilot had known they wanted to see more of San Diego and did the "if you look out the window, you will see Coronado Bay and the beautiful Coronado Bay bridge." (I was quite touched by the number of adults who took their cue from me and began to breathe again. It's funny how diffusing some situations merely requires one person to look like they know what's going on.)

However, I no longer fly. Never again.

Shame, too. I'll never again have a handsome, silver-haired flight attendent on Air Canada enquire "would madam care for more coffee?" as he held a silver coffee pot.

Damn, Canadians do it better. :)

I was going to Vancouver and my driver's license was sufficient proof that I'm me. That and an impossibly cheerful attitude that made them believe I wasn't really an American anyway. :)

MorganGrayson
04-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Kenny B
I'm a mooch but I clean, like any good woma... wait a minute, thanks for the compliment!

Are you one of those wonderful people like - oh - me, who spends a lot of time tidying up the motel room? :)

I do it nearly constantly. I've always loved small spaces because they're so easy to manage.

For some reason, it drives my husband absolutely nuts. "You are actually *cleaning* BEFORE the maid gets here????" he is wont to say.

Well...yes. The maid can't do her job if I have crap spread out all over the room.

I was getting a soda out of a machine once, bellowing happily down the hall at the maid, and she told me she couldn't even enter my room as my purse was in full view. Oh, I said - trusting me - hadn't even thought of that. Ever since I've made sure my valuables and not-so-valuables were put safely away. (Yes, yes, were the maid a thief, I'm certain she could have gathered the wit to open a drawer or two.)

Kenny B
04-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I like to keep tidy:-) Plus when staying at hotels I prefer not have the maid come in each day and snoop around, I can call for fresh towels and make my own bed.