PDA

View Full Version : Video editing?

Evil Chris
04-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Who can shed some light on video editing and preparing video for paysites and webmaster promo material?

Format(s), what editor to use, etc...

I am totally in the dark about video for the web (well, the preparation anyway) and would like to hear what's popular now.

mrbunz
04-08-2006, 01:43 AM
for video editing I personally like Adobe Premeir for my editor when i choose edit videos. I prefer Quicktime files as the exported files but windows media is more practical since almost every surfer will be on windows machines which comes with windows media player already installed. Also if you decide to stream your videos, windows media files will cost you - you would have to invested in a windows media server license. If you go with quicktime files you can get a free streaming server called DSS from apple's website.

Newton
04-08-2006, 02:56 AM
Chris you should look at either adobe premiere or vegas video from sony as a starting package. It may require several plugins for codecs encoding/decoding especially for mpeg.

Check out mainconcept.com i think it is for their mpeg plugin and h264 encoder which plugs in seemlessly as does every other codec loaded on your windows system.

Additional codecs can be obtained from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm with a ton more available on that site.

Photoshop is great for making the 'masks' or urls that appear on the videos. Formats you should be looking to export from are Windows (WMV) primarily then followed by mpeg then quicktime (MOV).

There are also some great cutters/splitters out there that will take you video and split into segments for you as well, such as 10 or 20 second segments.

If you need specifics hit me up on icq Chris.

Vid Vicious
04-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Depends on your needs Bro .. Hit me up .. I'll give ya a refresher course