PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite museums?

Evil Chris
04-08-2006, 12:51 AM
I realize that many people are bored to death by museums, while others love them. I have many favourites.

Musée d'Orsay in Paris
Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam
Van Gogh in Amsterdam
British Museum in London

Raven
04-08-2006, 12:49 PM
I spent much of my wasted youth at the Smithsonian....it is said that if you spend 30 seconds on each exhibit, it will take approximately 300 years to get through all of it.

I quite enjoyed the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam, too.

The Guggenheim.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Rodin Museum

All lovely.

Virgule3
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
My favorite is definately the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh. I have been a fan of his art for many years and when I finally got to visit it, I had an absolute blast.

Oh, I almost forgot the Lace Museum in Brugges, in Belgium. I'm a girl... I like lace... And it was absolutely amazing.

I also love architecture and although they aren't really museums, I have visited quite a few of Frank Loyd Wright's houses and buildings as well as a couple others designed by some of his students. I visited Falling Water in Ohiopyle, PA, the Guggenheim in NY, an other house designed by him in Ohiopyle that has no name and another cool building in Buffallo.

I especially like to visit old buildings. When I went to Europe two years ago, that's what we did most of the time, visit old places...

Sophie.

http://www.virgule3.ca/franbel/Gand%2019.jpg

Stephane76
04-08-2006, 03:15 PM
The Louvre is not bad either