PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of your signature

Dee_EP
04-14-2006, 06:42 PM
In our continuing effort to assist all webmasters, whether they promote us or not to make more money in the adult industry, Monster Partners will be running a series of tutorials to hopefully increase the income of those in the industry.

Making the Most of Your Signature

Newbie’s to large webmasters can all take advantage of the extra income their signatures can bring in. Often times people make light of the potential income a signature can bring in. This tutorial will spotlight some things you may not have considered.

How can I make money off my signature?

Your signature is your little piece of advertising real estate with limitless potential. It is your job to maximize that piece of real estate to bring in the most income possible. There are several types of programs you can choose from.

PPC Sponsors: These sponsors pay you a percentage of any income a webmaster you referred to makes. This can range from 2.5% to 15%. So if a webmaster you referred makes $100 a week and your referral fee is 10% you would make $10 a week off of that webmaster.

RevShare Sponsors: These sponsors pay you a percentage of any income a webmaster you referred makes. This can range from 2.5% to 15%. You also make a percentage on any rebills the webmaster makes and this can equate to sustained earnings over a long period of time. So if a webmaster you referred makes $100 a week and $50 in rebills and your referral fee is 10% you would make $15 a week off of that webmaster.

Pay per Impressions: These sponsors will pay you per impressions and/or clicks. Earnings are approx. $1.25 - $5.00 CPM and $0.25 per click if your signature is going to get a lot of views this can be profitable.

Flat Payout: These sponsors pay you a flat commission for referring active webmasters. The term “active” varies from sponsor to sponsor. Some mean a webmaster that is sending hits, others mean a webmaster that has sent one sale, and still others require several sales or a dollar amount threshold that has to be reached before you receive your payout. Some of the flat payouts are large and enticing such as $100.

Selling Per Month: These sponsors pay a flat fee to webmasters to have their program in their signature for the entire month. This can range from $20 to $1,000’s. Higher earnings can only be made by very well known and influential individuals.

Ok, now how do I choose which one?

The first thing you have to understand is that you are going to have to go through some trial and error and find the combinations that work best for you. First why are you in adult? Are you here for a quick buck but you plan on getting into another career in a short while or are you in this for the long haul?

If you are in it for the short term, go for the quick buck. This could mean a flat payout or a PPC sponsor. If you expect a lot of signature views, then consider the Pay per Impression.

If you are in this for the long term, then you have to think long term. Just with any other career you have to look down the road and consider what will bring you in income for a long time, what will bring in a regular source of income you can count on to pay that rent or mortgage payment. For that consider the RevShare Sponsor. Since you get not only get a percentage of what the webmasters you referred to our making this week, you also get a percentage of what their recurring database brings in. That means over the long term that recurring database will grow and grow and so will your income. Over time that database could grow to the point where you can bring in thousands every month just off of your signature. It is money that you will make whether you are at home or relaxing on a tropical beach without an internet connection.

Next you should choose which sponsor you want to use. You can vary it from time to time to take advantage of variety. While very large sponsors are popular in signatures the smaller sponsors are less known and are you have more of a chance of finding webmasters that are not already signed up to the program.

So that’s it right, just pop my signature in and I’ll get rich?

Well, not exactly  as I said above, your signature is like real estate, and you have to market it. Take the time to get to know about your sponsor. What niches to they cover? What makes them special? Do they have quality content; do they cover specific niches or micro niches? Do they have high payouts, so they retain well. All of this information is your marketing tools and as a salesman you want to market the product and show other webmasters why they should promote this sponsor. Don’t be afraid to post a pic of a hot chick from their FHG’s. Or when someone asks people to “spam me with teen sponsors”. Don’t just say “see sig”. Sell them on the sponsor you have chosen. Post a picture of one of their hot teens or a screen cap of the site you like best.

That seems like a lot of work doesn’t it?

Not at all! There are people in this industry that do not have hosting, do not own an adult domain and have never used an HTML editor or Photoshop. They have earned their living simply by promoting companies. The added benefit is that you are proving not only to yourself but to sponsors just how good you are at promoting them. Sponsors are continually looking for sales reps and who would be more perfect than someone that can say “I have 200 webmasters signed up under me that bring in XX dollars a month to this sponsor. I know how to market”.