PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver weather

Evil Chris
04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
ok I'm through being teased about Montreal winters and Vancouver's lack of snow and alleged nice year-round weather. Ryan and I just returned from a week in the Vancouver area. I think we saw the sun break through the clouds a total of twice. No kidding.

I just about froze my butt off last Friday golfing too. Cold, very wet, and overcast the entire week. We left yesterday morning and arrived in Montreal in the late afternoon to 26 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

Vancouver... you can keep your mild winters! :p

Nickatilynx
04-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome home.

OK , LOL , it has been very strange weather here.

I must agree the weather sucked , the coffee was vile. But the company was first class.

Golf is a great game .It is like a secret society.

"If you are a golfer , you are my friend"

But the weather today looks nice.

Guess what I'm thinking of doing?

Oh Newton.....????

;-))

Evil Chris
04-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I was just thinking that maybe playing golf off the top of a sponge might be good for your game once it dries up! :)

But it was great seeing you guys and getting out for a round, nevermind the temperatures. I got myself a nice Pitt Meadow's fleece jacket now anyway.

and typical that it warms up the day after we leave!

Deuce
04-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Had some consistant rain for a few weeks out in California (yes it does rain here sometimes) and now this week you can't ask for a better April. Sunny, Warm and No Clouds. in my area (SF Bay) we been getting up to the mid 70s.

Dravyk
04-20-2006, 08:06 PM
It's been mid-70s and gorgeous here in Philly for the last three weeks. April showers pretty much came early this year, happening in May. Today was a strange 84 degrees, felt hot, not being used to it, but again beautiful day. Next week's going down to mid-60s which is more "normal" for this time of year. Either way, not at all complaining!

Nickatilynx
04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk
It's been mid-70s and gorgeous here in Philly for the last three weeks. April showers pretty much came early this year, happening in May. Today was a strange 84 degrees, felt hot, not being used to it, but again beautiful day. Next week's going down to mid-60s which is more "normal" for this time of year. Either way, not at all complaining!

I never thought I'd say this...but

"On the whole , I'd rather be in Phillie"

;-))

Sin
04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk
It's been mid-70s and gorgeous here in Philly for the last three weeks. April showers pretty much came early this year, happening in May.

May comes sooner than April in Philly? You Americans ARE strange ;)

:D

Newton
04-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Chris you would have loved it today mate, really sweet out there and ground was pretty dry. Excellent company always makes the day as does the "cunt .. fuck .. shit .. oh its ON!! and many more colourful phrases :)

Dravyk
04-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Sin
May comes sooner than April in Philly? You Americans ARE strange ;)

:D LOL! Got me on that one, sharp-eyes. :)

Evil Chris
04-22-2006, 03:30 PM
As Drav was saying, the warm weather made an early appearance in the east this spring which is indeed nice.

My local course opened officially for the season on Thursday, which is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule for this time of year. :)

cdsmith
04-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Me being from Winnipeg and all, I won't knock down anyone else's weather.

But it's been pretty damn great here lately.... warmish days, mostly sunny, cool nights that are great for sleeping with the window open a crack, and NO MOSQUITOS.... (yet).

Golf courses have been crowded for weeks now.

P2P chad
04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Well, I'm glad everyone else is enjoying their spring weather...here in Toronto, we had 2 nice Hot days last week, and then rain and cold all weekend! Today is gloomy, windy, and damp...ohhhh I love Mondays!! lol

cdsmith
04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Heh, we had a windchill of -11C here this morning.

It's warmed up to +9C now, but damn.

Ah screw it, I'm having a good day no matter what the weather is.

Newton
04-24-2006, 11:58 PM
it was hotter than a scorpions arsehole today on the course :)

Anthony
04-26-2006, 09:36 AM
26 degrees here today down in FLA. Supposed to go up to 28 or so.

Overcast though...

Sin
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Kind of overcast in Van today, although the cloud cover may burn off once the sun gets up & about a bit more.... some of the clouds seem to be steadily turning more & more yellowy rather than grey... so I'll take that as a good sign :)

BT
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
I wish I was there its getting hot in Florida

cdsmith
04-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Ahh, a balmy 22 C yesterday in the peg, sunny all day.

Supposed to be rain all day Friday though, but still 20 C or so.

I like this weather.

gnat69
04-28-2006, 10:31 AM
I have lived a winter in Van, and as much as I loved the city I didn't like the long dark rainy depressing days.....

Sin
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Absolutely magnificent day here today although pretty windy!