PDA

View Full Version : How are you blogging?

Evil Chris
04-27-2006, 10:52 PM
What is the popular way to blog now?
I have many public style blogs... at blogger/blogspot, but I also use my own domains for some blogs with Nucleus.

What else is working well for those of you who are blogging?

XxXotic
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
all my blogs are on my own domains

Evil Chris
04-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by XxXotic
all my blogs are on my own domains So are you using blog software that you installed yourself? Which one?

Gruntled
04-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Can't beat Wordpress for having a blog on your own domain. Full flexibility, CSS support, tons of skins and plugins to quickly and easily make it what you want...

MorganGrayson
04-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I use WordPress on my own domains, too. My host has a "click to install" feature that makes it easier than easy. :)

Gruntled
04-29-2006, 04:03 PM
A regular WP install takes less than 5 minutes.

Evil Chris
04-29-2006, 04:50 PM
ok, I must try Wordpress. I have heard so much good about it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the software or script?

Panky
04-29-2006, 09:14 PM
http://wordpress.org/

I use dBlogger on my own domains. http://www.dblogger.com It's completely customizable and can be used with any design. It was specifically designed to be a bare bones blog software that gets results.

Wordpress is nicely laid out and offers a wide assortment of addons and features, but it falls short of what Google looks for when indexing a site. dBlogger was co-developed by two search engine experts specifically for optimizing blog placements in search engines. (Blogging for profit) dBlogger removes all the bloat and excess formatting of Wordpress and Moveable Type and leaves you with a very clean, easy to use, and powerful blogging tool.

Evil Chris
05-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks Panky, I'm going to look at dblogger as well.
Are you seeing good search engine hits from using it on your blogs?

Gruntled
05-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Bloat? I haven't seen any bloat in the code for wp, and google seems to treat them well.. maybe it depends on the number of plugins.

I'm loking into dblogger as well

Panky
05-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Gruntled
Bloat? I haven't seen any bloat in the code for wp, and google seems to treat them well.. maybe it depends on the number of plugins.

I'm loking into dblogger as well

Go to SEOChat and use their keyword density tool and try it on a WordPress blog.
http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/

Note all the non article related keyword phrases and misc. tags that show. This is due only to the fact that WordPress formats and styles a lot of elements inline on the page. When spiders crawl your blog and read all this extra "bloat", it's going to dilute your keyword densities. It's all that much harder for the spiders to determine what keywords and phrases are actually being targeted.

On a WordPress blog, you will see results mixed in amongst the keywords and phrases, such as:
no comments
wp content
content themes
themes zigzag
comments nd
comments th
and a bunch of other misc keywords and phrases that are meaningless. Terms like width px, margin px, and border none. Some themes are worse than others, but they all have it. This is the "bloat", which won't do you any good.

When you run a dBlogger blog through a keyword density checker, you will not see any random misc tags showing up. Just pure keywords and keyphrases.

EvilChris:
Yes. The search engine hits are good. There are some phrases I'd like to improve upon, but overall, I can't complain.