PDA

View Full Version : Our digg counterpart?

adultra
04-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Hello everybody, been a long time lurker. Trying to do my research before jumping in the water if you know what I mean.

One thing though as I'm going through my "newbie training" is that I find it hard and time consuming jumping back and forth between various websites/forums looking for news and what's hot throughout the day. I spend countless hours just sifting through content, hours I would like to spending on my own business.

So here is where my question lies...

How many of you have used digg.com in the past? I always wandered why they never expanded into fields outside of the technology world. The blogosphere has countless niches that people are attracted to. I understand digg doesn't want to be everything to everybody, so I took it upon myself for more of a personal tool to but to try and answer - Why not a "digg" for the adult industry? That's why I put together...(drumroll)...

LiveHive.com - The Latest Buzz in Adult News

We're all overwhelmed by the fast-multiplying amount of news released each day in our business? The best I can do just to keep up is to visit every adult news site I know and browse all the forums I can for the lastest stories and announcements.

With livehive, it's users are like bees that go out, find, and bring back nectar (news and information) to the hive (the adult webmaster community) so it can be turned into honey (money)! I don't claim to be a bee expert but that's the best way I can explain it.

If you're familar with how digg.com works then livehive.com could provide some guidance, and some relief. The site, which I hope will mostly feature news and stories about the adult industry can filter stories from all over the Internet (sites/forums/blogs/etc.) and present them in a nice linear news-type interface. All livehive's content comes from its users, webmasters like you who scour the adult news sites, sponsors, blogs, and other online sources for interesting tidbits.

The news items that users submit -- usually in the form of a short writeup and a link -- go into a queue, where members vote (or buzz, hint the hive concept) on their favorites. The 20 stories that attract the most votes -- or "buzzes" -- are featured on the site's front page as buzzworthy, which is updated several times an hour to keep the news fresh. It's this innovative "by the adult webmaster, for the adult webmaster" writing and editing system that I hope sets livehive apart from other adult resource web sites.

So give me your thoughts, suggestions, comments, etc. I want your opinions on this kind of site for the adult industry?

Please keep in mind that the site is spanking new and last I knew I was the only user and only about a handful of stories were submitted. I really need some people to beta test this site for me. Really put it through the ringer. I know of some tag errors but I'm working on them. People need to submit stories, etc. Users will be able to see what other users are finding interesting in the world of adult news. Those top stories will be posted to the front page. Hence less time me or you need to spend scouring for headlines, that si if its something you do.

I look forward hearing feedback from you, thanks.

Evil Chris
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Am I out of the loop?

I have never heard of digg.com until just now. :confused:

adultra
05-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I can't tell if you serious or not Chris. In any case...

The way digg and livehive works is that the users pick what the frontpage headlines will be. For livehive, it's about what's hot and what's not in adult news determined by you guys/gals and not the editors of the major resource site.

Users can submit a story to livehive that they have read and then share that story with the rest of the users at livehive. If other users also like that story or want to feel that story deserves to be recognized they can "buzz" it. The top 20 stories with the most "buzzes" or votes get frontpage recognition and return will get more traffic.

Now in the instance on livehive, if users do not like or feel a post is of spam/scam nature or is false they can select a story to be deleted by the "buzz off" vote. If a posts gets a select amount of these negative marks it will deleted and the user that submitted it gets a bad karma rating. Which can eventually lead to account termination.

I personally am a bg fan of digg and I think a site of its nature directed to the adult industry would be positive. If you have questions/comments/suggestions please keep them coming.

Evil Chris
05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I was totally being serious, but now I know what it's all about.
I'll have to get over there to livehive and check it out in greater detail though.

Thanks!