PDA

View Full Version : Debate Over Condoms and AIDS Tests the Pope

oceania
05-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Debate Over Condoms and AIDS Tests the Pope
At the Vatican, a clash is shaping up between the church's ban on condom use and its advocacy of human life.

link is:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/01/world/01cnd-pope.html?ex=1147147200&en=13b3c8ded32b9759&ei=5070&emc=eta1

Evil Chris
05-02-2006, 12:39 PM
It's an argument that will go on for a long long time.

Ronaldo
05-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Why the ignorant have a world stage is beyond me.

Donkey Kong
05-02-2006, 02:57 PM
can this be solve? this issue runs for a long long time...

StaceyJo
05-04-2006, 05:42 AM
Sometimes church is exaggerating... you'll see we need condoms for protection... for protection... I dont know why they cant see it...

oceania
05-04-2006, 08:23 AM
i dont know why there is a debate... the need to populate the world for strength in one belief over another is really not somethign that works these days... children do not always follow in the foot steps of the parent... there is so much to digest outside our own 4 walls

MorganGrayson
05-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I can't believe we're discussing the beliefs on condom use of a religious body that once buried married couples who died within a year of each other far apart because they believed the male corpse would dig through the earth to get to the female corpse to have sex...and since no children could result from such a union, it was the ultimate in sin. (G'head. Look it up if you think I freelanced that one.)

Suicides can't be buried in consecrated ground, but murders can. There's no "mental illness" loophole for these people.

Ronaldo...it's easy for the ignorant to have a world stage when they own so damned much of it. That "vow of poverty" thing only applies to the bottom rungs, not the organization as a whole.

This argument *will* go on until the end of time - or until all the participants die of some hideous, preventable disease.

I'll go back to "respecting all Paths" later. Right now, I'm going to sip coffee and be pissed off at the Catholics, which as a former miserable, depressed, confused Catechism kid who got thrown out a lot, is my right to do.