PDA

View Full Version : I Fucking KNEW it!

Wicked Temptress
05-13-2006, 06:08 PM
I have been saying for weeks now that I don't think they're going to have us ready for hurricane season this year, even though they've been steadily saying that they would! And, sure enough, I just saw a report that said that where there was a breach by the 17th street canal WON'T be fixed in time for hurricane season... In fact, they don't expect to have it fixed until mid-July... For those of you who don't quite remember, that wasn't too far off from the time that Katrina started heading for us...

<a href="http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=d91bca58-0143-483f-ab5f-ecfa5470da7c&t=s3&f=06/64&p=">Click here to watch the video...</a>

*NOTE* This link has a commercial, two other reports(one about the goodness of green tea and another about America competing with companies outsourcing) another short commercial, and THEN the report about the 17th street canal breach...

Newton
05-13-2006, 11:20 PM
I think the timing will be tight to get it done if at all. :(

Evil Chris
05-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Hope comes into play here on many levels.

I personally hope New Orleans will be ok this year.

Wicked Temptress
05-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Newton
I think the timing will be tight to get it done if at all. :(

I think that should have been their FIRST repair...

Really, I don't know what the hell they've been spending these months doing because there is still debris and fallen trees all over the place... Some places STILL look like right after the hurricane hit, exactly like they did...

And now, on top of all of that and this new found information, there are also trailers ALL OVER the place from displaced people, which all run on propane...

The more I think about this, the more it looks like a recipe for disaster!!!

Wicked Temptress
05-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris
Hope comes into play here on many levels.

I personally hope New Orleans will be ok this year.

Thank you Chris *smiles* I hope New Orleans will be ok too... But, I just have a bad feeling about it...

TheEnforcer
05-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Hate to say it but I am not surprised one bit. Hopefully you folks will get lucky and they will stay away and give you guys a break. Hoping for no big hurricanes hitting landfall anywhere this season.

On another note.. your avatar is EXTREMELY compelling to look at!!! LOL

Wicked Temptress
05-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer
Hate to say it but I am not surprised one bit. Hopefully you folks will get lucky and they will stay away and give you guys a break. Hoping for no big hurricanes hitting landfall anywhere this season.

On another note.. your avatar is EXTREMELY compelling to look at!!! LOL

I'm not surprised either, and I've been saying that it wouldn't happen... I just knew it, seriously, it still looks not far off from what it looked like right after Katrina hit, and in some areas, it looks exactly the same!

I was looking at some pictures that some relatives of mine took of some of the areas that were badly hit... Such as the 9th ward and Chalmette... And, while they were there taking one of the pictures, some other people came and they were also taking pictures... They found out after talking to them that the torn off roof in the middle of the street they had taken pictures of belonged to them.

My relatives asked if they were able to recover anything out of the house... Pictures... Anything...

In response, they told them that the roof was all that they've been able to find of the house... They don't even know where the rest of it is! And how long ago was that picture taken? MARCH! That isn't really all that long ago, and I'm willing to bet that it still looks the same now too... Like it's never been touched!

It's heartbreaking... :(

Thanks for the well wishes Honey *smiles* I hope another one doesn't come for us this season, though, having lived down here my whole life, I'm kinda thinking we're gonna get hit at some time or another during the season... They've already started predicting at least 3 coming into the Gulf for this season.

On another note, thanks for the compliment too, BTW :boobies:

I've posted the original, larger version before, but I can post it again if you'd like... :D

oceania
05-16-2006, 09:51 AM
i dont think anybody that lived thru the hurricanes last year will ever forget
even tho much of the rest of the world has - short term memory...
now there is flooding NH and Mass.
seems mother nature is really pissed off