PDA

View Full Version : I have the weirdest computer problem! HELP!!!

Virgule3
05-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah, It's weird...

I posted this on a couple other bpards I go to ( a design board and a greyhound board...) And no one has ever seen this...

My boyfriend has no idea what's going on, Angelique, my sister, one of my friends... We're all either designers, engineers, very computer savvy but no one knows how to solve this!

Look at the attachment... If the font isn't in bold because of the coding of the site, what should be normal is in ITALICS!!!

I was tyoing and I hit a weird combination of keys and this is what happened but I don't know how to fix it!

I tried some settings, I tried rebooting, I tried going back to a week ago, before this happened... Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Sophie.

TheLegacy
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
you may want to check into your options of the board and see whether it is preset to italics..

does this happen in all boards? you may have to change your settings in explorer. then go through your control panel. without being there I have no better advice

Virgule3
05-17-2006, 05:36 PM
It's everywhere on the net and even in Word and other places... It,s really weird and NO ONE has ever heard of this stupid thing!!!

AARRGGHH!!!

Sophie.

Deuce
05-17-2006, 06:07 PM
"When a rogue program decides to install its own version of system
fonts, it may replace the original version of the font file with a
shortcut in the font folder. Once this program is uninstalled, the
shortcut may now point to a font file that no longer exists. Windows
XP in turn reacts by turning all unspecified fonts into italics upon
next reboot.The simple way to fix this is to delete all shortcuts in
the font folder and replace them with the actual font file. By going
to
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cu rrentVersion\Fonts],
you can also double check the path of each font and look for any
suspicious paths."

quote from a google group http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/2577d85be8fbfe34/6e2a3aaa40f31ae3?lnk=st&q=windows+xp+problem+with+font+italic&rnum=1&hl=en#6e2a3aaa40f31ae3

that might point you in the right direction

Virgule3
05-17-2006, 11:36 PM
I found the problem and the solution... I have this font management software and it just didn't load the fonts correctly! Can you believe it??? That was *it*!

But thanks guys!

Sophie.