PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love it when...

DonMike
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Okay, I started the "don't you hate it when" thread on Friday and Morgan made me realize how negative I was being, so since it's Monday I figured we could start the week off on a positive note. So, everyone add your own ending to the phrase, "Don't you love it when..."

Here I go...

Don't you love it when you buy something and find out when the checkout person scans your item that it's actually on sale.

MorganGrayson
05-22-2006, 01:00 PM
::-|
I didn't mean to make you feel as if you were being excessively negative. If so...I'm doomed! :D

I love it when...
...New York Strip steaks or Top Sirloin go on one of those insane sales they occasionally do, because it makes my husband so damned happy.
...something that could have been really lousy - like the globe on the light outside my front door taking a dive to the driveway and shattering - turns into a wonderful first meeting with my very nice next door neighbor, who came flying out of her house to my rescue at the sound of breaking glass. It reminds me that some good comes from everything.
...I get to spend a wonderful Sunday afternoon in the garden department of Home Depot buying flowers and herbs to put in the collection of empty planting containers I have. (My husband kept saying "uh...you can't buy any more, you've filled up the cart" but kept rearranging the cart so that more fit.) :)
...synchronicity sets in. My kids discovered a brand of dog treats called "Dingo Brands," which has a website, so now my dog has her own collection of treats with her name on the label. :)

Don...thank you. *smooches* As much as I enjoyed griping, I do like this thread more. :D

DonMike
05-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by MorganGrayson
::-|
I didn't mean to make you feel as if you were being excessively negative. If so...I'm doomed! :D

Oh hon, nothing you did at all. It just hit me after your post in the "things you hate thread". I don't know what it is about gay men, but we love saracastic and self-deprecating humor. It may get a quick laugh but if you focus too much on it then you can easily lose track of the good stuff.

My husband kept saying "uh...you can't buy any more, you've filled up the cart" but kept rearranging the cart so that more fit.

Okay, this made me cry. Shame on you for making me blubber like a baby in my office, hee hee. What a wonderful man your husband must be. You are very lucky.

Don...thank you. *smooches* As much as I enjoyed griping, I do like this thread more. :D

Heh heh, me too. ;)

TheLegacy
05-22-2006, 02:11 PM
don't you love it when you can multitask on your way to work as this hooker is doing?

http://www.thewinnipegpages.com/forum/uploads/post-2-1148181813.jpg

SilvercashJeanette
05-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Don't you love it when you decide to hold off washing your car for a few days, then it's starts raining and then you don't have to worry about washing the car? hehe I do.

Virgule3
05-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Don't you love it when...

- ...you go to the bank and find out you have 200$ more than you expected?

- ...you wake up and see on the clock you still have 3 hours more to sleep? (I know it's a classic but it's one of my favorite things in the world!)

Sophie.

StaceyJo
05-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Dont you love it

--- when you are so tired at work and theres someone waiting for you and he/she had cook you for dinner...

oceania
05-23-2006, 07:46 AM
dont you love it when you kid says i love you and hands you a chunk of cookie dough cuz she knows you've had a hard day :)

ny_tim
05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Don't you love it when:

You get Visa approval in uder 3 weeks.. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

DonMike
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by stacey_JRN
Dont you love it

--- when you are so tired at work and theres someone waiting for you and he/she had cook you for dinner...

Um... I don't know about you but I'd rather not have someone cook me for dinner. When I say "Eat Me" it has an entirely different meaning. LOL!!!

I know what ya meant, sweetie. Unfortunatey, I don't have anyone waiting at home to cook me dinner, but I'm workin' on it. ;)

SilvercashJeanette
05-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Globule
Don't you love it when...

- ...you go to the bank and find out you have 200$ more than you expected?

- ...you wake up and see on the clock you still have 3 hours more to sleep? (I know it's a classic but it's one of my favorite things in the world!)

Sophie.

OMGosh...yes! I totally love those things! Great ones Sophie! :)

jacobkell
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Dont you love when you come home and you can finaly go to sleep after hard work

gnat69
05-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by DonMike
Okay, I started the "don't you hate it when" thread on Friday and Morgan made me realize how negative I was being, so since it's Monday I figured we could start the week off on a positive note. So, everyone add your own ending to the phrase, "Don't you love it when..."

Here I go...

Don't you love it when you buy something and find out when the checkout person scans your item that it's actually on sale.

I can one up on this:

Don't you just love it when you go shopping and find and amazing sale that is 60% off and you go to the counter to pay and you get another 50% off....woot!!!:D

Don't you just love it when you talk online to peeps for ages and you finally meet and hit if off and wish you lived closer..... :)

Funbrunette
05-25-2006, 12:46 PM
--->Don't you love it when you look at your son and he looks back at you with this look that says "Mom I loooooooooove you!"

http://myspace-020.vo.llnwd.net/00721/02/01/721071020_l.jpg

Cold_ice
05-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Don't you love it when you realize everyone is having a worst day than yourself.

Don't you love it when you see a cop in your rear view mirror and as you start to pull over and he drives right past you.

Don't you love it when president Bush makes an ass out of himself on TV.

and my last one

Don't you love it when your buddy gets stuck with the fat chick and you get the hot one.

SilvercashJeanette
05-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Cold_ice
Don't you love it when you realize everyone is having a worst day than yourself.

Don't you love it when you see a cop in your rear view mirror and as you start to pull over and he drives right past you.

Don't you love it when president Bush makes an ass out of himself on TV.

and my last one

Don't you love it when your buddy gets stuck with the fat chick and you get the hot one.

All great ones!

Shane
05-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Don't you love it when you get an unexpected payment from a sposor?

Don't you love it when you find a work around that makes updating your sites easier and faster?

Don't you love it when the jeans you haven't been able to wear for the past x years suddenly fit?

MorganGrayson
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by DonMike
Oh hon, nothing you did at all. It just hit me after your post in the "things you hate thread". I don't know what it is about gay men, but we love saracastic and self-deprecating humor. It may get a quick laugh but if you focus too much on it then you can easily lose track of the good stuff.

Okay, this made me cry. Shame on you for making me blubber like a baby in my office, hee hee. What a wonderful man your husband must be. You are very lucky.

Heh heh, me too. ;)

He is indeed a wonderful man. We're coming up on our 27th anniversary. He took tomorrow off so that we'll have a *four* day weekend together.

We learned a very long time ago that life is made up of small things. It isn't the "big things" that make a happy life, it's the small, day-to-day minutia that most people take for granted.

Once a long time ago his car broke down on the freeway. He walked down the freeway, staring intently at his watch, because he knew that due to some unfortunate psychological problems I have, if he was more than 20 minutes late getting home I'd panick, thinking he was dead. (Bad life does that sort of thing to a person.) He showed me the chain link fence he scaled to get to a pay phone. I was most impressed. My husband was born wearing a three-piece-suit and is the least likely man you'd ever pick to "scale" anything. He walked back to his office and spent the night there, eating cup-a-soup and snack crackers. (This was before cell phones. Now he has a cell phone with him at all times so he can just call me.)

Now, there's a lot of ways one can react to a partner's neuroses. One way is just total acceptance. "Life fucked you and I understand that you irrationally freak out if I'm late." I would give a lot to be one of those women who imagines their man in a cheap motel with a hooker or something, but I don't. I picture...dead. Taken from me. He understands that and just works with it.

Someday you're going to meet a guy who just might be the one, and this is one of the ways you'll be able to tell. Does he have that "I accept you just the freaky way you are" thing going on? If he does, grab him, hold on, and don't ever let go. :)

xxxmalouxxx
05-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Funbrunette
--->Don't you love it when you look at your son and he looks back at you with this look that says "Mom I loooooooooove you!"

http://myspace-020.vo.llnwd.net/00721/02/01/721071020_l.jpg

aww.. i just love that!....

Sydney_AWP
05-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Dont you love it when someones starting to love you.