PDA

View Full Version : FindYourSpot.com

TheEnforcer
05-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Inspired by Oceana's post about moving I thought I'd post the url for http://www.findyourspot.com and see if people wanyed to do their survey and see what it spit out for you as just a little curiosity thing to get to know people a bit.

Here's what came up for me.

Olympia, Washington The Evergreen Capital
Set on a magnificent peninsula in the South Puget Sound, this spot was originally called "black bear place" before being renamed after nearby mountains…

Population: 222,000 | Average Home Price: $225,000 | Precipitation: 51" | Snow: 10"

Read Report Visit this Spot Books/Info Internet Savvy Realtors
View Jobs Find Roomies Find New Homes View Homes For Sale

Overland Park, Kansas Where Families Flourish
This family-friendly suburb was once the home of one of the founders of the Pony Express…

Population: 160,400 | Average Home Price: $226,000 | Precipitation: 35" | Snow: 20"

Tacoma, Washington Port City of the Cascades
This city's name comes from the Native American name for Mt. Rainier, "Tacobet," meaning Mother of the Waters...

Population: 193,600 | Average Home Price: $207,000 | Precipitation: 39" | Snow: 16"

Cedar Rapids, Iowa City of Five Seasons
This Iowa corn belt city's minor-league pro baseball team is named the Kernels...

Population: 122,500 | Average Home Price: $133,600 | Precipitation: 34" | Snow: 28"

Ames, Iowa The Heart of the Heartland
The first electronic digital computer was built in the late 1930s at Iowa State University in this town...

Population: 53,300 | Average Home Price: $170,000 | Precipitation: 31" | Snow: 24"

Chattanooga, Tennessee City of Vision
The beautiful former depot of this town's famous Choo-Choo is now a unique vacation complex…

Population: 155,000 | Average Home Price: $146,000 | Precipitation: 54" | Snow: 10"

Kent, Washington The Heart of Puget Sound
This family-friendly town is centrally located in the heart of the Puget Sound region…

Population: 79,500 | Average Home Price: $240,000 | Precipitation: 35" | Snow: 15"

Sioux Falls, South Dakota City of the Laughing Waters
This city is home to the Performance Car Museum and its collection of rare and exotic muscle cars…

Population: 117,350 | Average Home Price: $143,000 | Precipitation: 25" | Snow: 39"

Fort Wayne, Indiana The All-American City
The Indiana orchard planter John Chapman is celebrated at this city's annual Johnny Appleseed Festival…

Population: 220,000 | Average Home Price: $220,000 | Precipitation: 36" | Snow: 31"

Ann Arbor, Michigan Gem of the Midwest
This cutting-edge university town in Michigan had its first telephone installed in 1881…

Population: 114,500 | Average Home Price: $269,000 | Precipitation: 29" | Snow: 33"

New Brunswick, New Jersey America’s Health Care City
This city, founded in 1730, is home to the only state university to have existed before the Revolutionary War…

Population: 49,800 | Average Home Price: $266,000 | Precipitation: 44" | Snow: 24"

Fargo ND-Moorhead MN, North Dakota Gem of the North
This North Dakota city has the shortest average commute time of any American metro area…

Population: 177,000 | Average Home Price: $130,000 | Precipitation: 19" | Snow: 36"

Bismarck, North Dakota Blue-Ribbon City of the Plains
This North Dakota town hosted the National Horseshoe Pitchers Association 2000 World Tournament…

Population: 56,300 | Average Home Price: $131,000 | Precipitation: 16" | Snow: 33"

Dover, Delaware Delaware’s Cradle of History
In 1787, Delaware became the first state when delegates ratified the U.S. Constitution at this town's Golden Fleece Tavern...

Population: 32,800 | Average Home Price: $150,000 | Precipitation: 40" | Snow: 17"

Bowling Green, Kentucky Home Of the Corvette
Every Corvette is made in this Kentucky town, home of the National Corvette Museum...

Population: 50,700 | Average Home Price: $142,000 | Precipitation: 47" | Snow: 11"

Evansville, Indiana The Tri-State Capital
At this city's West Side Nut Club Fall Festival, you can sample ‘gator soup, ostrich burgers, and brain sandwiches…

Population: 297,000 | Average Home Price: $110,000 | Precipitation: 42" | Snow: 13"

Springfield, Missouri A City With Style
This Missouri city was the site of the nation's first recorded shoot-out, between "Wild Bill" Hickok and Dave Tutt in 1865…

Population: 335,000 | Average Home Price: $112,000 | Precipitation: 39" | Snow: 16"

Joplin, Missouri Living Well in the Ozarks
Songwriter Percy Wenrich, who wrote the classic Christmas song “Silver Bells," was born in this friendly southwest Missouri Ozark spot...

Population: 46,400 | Average Home Price: $100,000 | Precipitation: 44" | Snow: 12"

Wichita, Kansas The Heart of Kansas
More than half of the world's aircraft come from companies headquartered in this "Aviation Capital of the World"...

Population: 354,600 | Average Home Price: $115,000 | Precipitation: 29" | Snow: 15"

Johnson City-Kingsport, Tennessee Two Natural Wonders
This Tennessee city's lively annual Springfest includes a JazzNite, golf tournaments, a chili cookoff and a beach party...

Population: 100,000 | Average Home Price: $110,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 17"

Provo-Orem, Utah Living and Learning at their Best
These twin cities in central Utah are home to some of the world's top collections of dinosaur bones…

Population: 189,500 | Average Home Price: $205,000 | Precipitation: 12" | Snow: 30"

Roanoke, Virginia The Heart of the Blue Ridge
This Virginia spot rests in a beautiful valley, surrounded by the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains…

Population: 95,000 | Average Home Price: $139,000 | Precipitation: 41" | Snow: 22"

Hampton, Virginia City on the Chesapeake
The new Virginia Air and Space Center is located in this city, home of the first training facility for American astronauts…

Population: 146,000 | Average Home Price: $162,000 | Precipitation: 45" | Snow: 7"

Reading, Pennsylvania Outlet Capital of the World
This Pennsylvania spot is home to the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum, which offers rides in classic aircraft…

Population: 81,000 | Average Home Price: $143,000 | Precipitation: 41" | Snow: 28"

Evil Chris
05-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Well I will never know what they would have recommended.
I took the 3 minute survey but at the end gave up when they asked me my name, phone number, address, email, # of kids, ages, etc. etc.

After having answered so many personal interest questions, I wasn't about to give contact information too. I get enough spam from regular mail and telephone already.

Besides, I already know that I like to live in Montreal. ;)

jacobkell
05-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Hmm i think for something like that it doesnt requied.

Funbrunette
05-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Hahahaha! West Palm beach, Florida! :D I knew it had to be somewhere hot with a beach! :D

stonegatherer
05-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Funny .... it told I was to follow Funbrunette to West Palm Beach and wait on her hand-and-foot.

MorganGrayson
05-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Lately I've become content and believe that my "dream spot" is right where I am. :)