PDA

View Full Version : Challenger

-=LC=-
05-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey, I think this new concept car from Dodge
reviving the old musclecars in the Challenger model
is a very sweet looking ride that does the retro look right.

http://www.clubprocafe.com/challenger/

I even got a bunch of pics of it and made my own web page about it!

You think this would be a popular car Dodge should put into production

:cool: I like this car!

http://www.clubprocafe.com/challenger/

I hope they make into a production model

I made this page myself it has a lot of pics

of the not too long ago shown concept car

of a new Dodge Challenger

the pics toward the bottom are clickable to a bigger size

gnat69
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I am huge fan of classic cars but I don't think they have re-made it to the point where I would purchase.

I think that if I am going to spend any kind of funds on a classic I will want to wait till I can bid at the Barrett-Jackson Auction...

(c:

McKidd
05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
nice car! hearkens back to the muscle cars of the 60s.....

jacobkell
05-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Well atleast they better function when they are new one.

wildgirl
05-29-2006, 04:14 AM
very nice car...cool ride :)

MorganGrayson
05-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Yummy. :)

I still think I'd rather get a classic one and rebuild it with my husband. I've always wanted to be able to do that. Maybe someday....

ponyboy
05-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm in love! I want one !
But I still love my 91 t-bird super coupe! Thats stands for super charging

Quagmire
05-31-2006, 04:31 PM
The problem with real muscle cars is they are getting harder and harder to maintain because of the lack fo parts. Of course you can get panels and aftermarket stuff on the popular ones.

I like the retro style they are bringing back, and in fact I was just discussing it with Mr Evil about an hour ago.

The new Camaro concept is a sweet ride too.

ponyboy
05-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Quagmire
you're so right, it is a nightmare to get some parts, and junk yards don't even want to hear about some cars

Quagmire
05-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ponyboy
Quagmire
you're so right, it is a nightmare to get some parts, and junk yards don't even want to hear about some cars The biggest issue is that a lot of people don't realize what is involved in storing/maintaining/indexing all these parts from cars that are 40+ years old.

Can you imagine walking in to a computer store and asking them to source out some parts for your 'classic' IBM PS/2 (with amber monitor of course)? They'd look at you like you just fell off the roof on to your head.

I think its a smart marketing plan on their part to cash in on the muscle car era. They see people paying tens of thousands of dollars to have an old car rebuilt and want a piece of that action. They only got $3-6k for the car when they first sold it. :)