PDA

View Full Version : all mosquitos must die!!!

Evil Chris
06-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Although the gorgeous weather is here, it also has brought back the mosquitos! FB has been struck, Ryan got a couple bites the other day, and now I have a very itchy mosquito bite on my knee that I can't stop scracting.

We live on the edge of a forest, so it can get particularly bad here. The skeetervac machine, all the citronella candles and torches, and netting do help, but those little blood suckers still manage to get through! :viking:

Funbrunette
06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm not even going to go there! I was attacked yesterday :mad: I'm going to wear a snow suit to go outside now...Do mosquitos even have a purpose other than sucking our blood and spreading the West Nile virus?

http://www.clarity.net/adam/images/bike/humor/mosquito-helmet.jpg

:laughout:

Panky
06-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Aren't mosquitos the national bird of Canada? I'm pretty sure they are the protected species list.

Jimmidean
06-04-2006, 08:43 AM
We were at the lake yesterday.....
they are everywhere due to the wet spring.
I am bringing a flame thrower next weekend.

ponyboy
06-04-2006, 06:18 PM
We live right by the water, and man, i'm telling you this year they have been killers! They stoped spraying for what ever reson and you can't go out side. I got bite on my head and it's driving me nuts!:twisted:

jacobkell
06-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Yep they are living death hehe.Can be extremly anonying especialy when you are in forest and army attack you.

Vid Vicious
06-06-2006, 04:10 PM
lol .. TIS THE SEASON

Trouble Tonya
06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
:boobies: HI FB and gang- I dont know if this cure will work in Canada or not, but it worked down here in sunny Arizona.... You take equal amounts of warm flat beer and epsom salt and mix it up in a container until the epsom salt is disolved most of the way, then you get one of those garden sprayer containers (you know the ones that you get at the hardware store and attach to the hose) and put your mixture in the container and attach it like you normally would and spray down your yard with it. This will keep the mosquitos away for 3-6 months when done correctly- I am pretty sure in that time frame you will be under snow again so it wont matter. :)

Panky
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
This will keep the mosquitos away for 3-6 months when done correctly- I am pretty sure in that time frame you will be under snow again so it wont matter. :)

LOL! Shhhh! Don't jinx it! We are enjoying our nice weather. We don't even want to think, read, and/or mention the "s" word right now. :D

Trouble Tonya
06-07-2006, 02:21 PM
:shh: ~OOPS~ I didn't mean to cuss at you like that :) May you have many more nice summer-ish days to come!!

Panky
06-07-2006, 02:28 PM
:boobies: HI FB and gang- I dont know if this cure will work in Canada or not, but it worked down here in sunny Arizona.... You take equal amounts of warm flat beer and epsom salt and mix it up in a container until the epsom salt is disolved most of the way, then you get one of those garden sprayer containers (you know the ones that you get at the hardware store and attach to the hose) and put your mixture in the container and attach it like you normally would and spray down your yard with it. This will keep the mosquitos away for 3-6 months when done correctly- I am pretty sure in that time frame you will be under snow again so it wont matter. :)

You know after reading this, I can just picture Evil Chris setting up a mini lab in his garage. When the mixture is "just right", he'll exchange his white lab coat for one those industrial back pack things pest control people use that make them look like the Ghostbusters, and he'll be walking around his property on a mission to whipe out the mosquito population. He'll be walking around his yard, mumbling to himself, "I'm going to get you now you little blood suckers!", as he drenches each inch of the yard. Then after the mission is complete, he'll be sitting on his new deck, feet propped up, drinking a beer, grinning from ear to ear at the job well done. :D

SilvercashJeanette
06-07-2006, 02:54 PM

Wow, I had never heard that before. That's excellent advice. I know I learned a thing or two. Lol. Thanks! :)

Trouble Tonya
06-07-2006, 03:12 PM
This is actually a pretty stinky mix, but it sure works good. I was watching the Discovery channel and they were talking about it last summer. I get massive mosquitos because there is an arroyo behind the alley by my house. Hope that everyone gets a chance to use this great mosquito killer!

DonMike
06-08-2006, 06:06 PM
This will help you tell them apart. :)
http://www.arbovirus.health.nsw.gov.au/areas/arbovirus/mosquit/mosqphotos/mosquitoes_seaust.jpg

Trouble Tonya
06-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey dude, thats pretty friggin creepy thanks!!! :: gets bug spray::

Kenny B
06-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Suprisingly I haven't seen so many in the old port, we get a load of spiders because of the water but not as many of the lil blood suckers, too much smog I guess

Quagmire
06-09-2006, 12:34 PM
I am fogging daily because some beavers were kind enough to build a dam off in the forest on my property and have flooded half of it. I don't dare ask around for any explosives for fear of getting arrested as a terrorist.

I have two of them mosquito magnet dealies and they don't do fuck all with the sheer volume we have this year. Fogging is helping, but I am thinking a naplam strike might be the only cure.

Trouble Tonya
06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
:boobies: HI FB and gang- I dont know if this cure will work in Canada or not, but it worked down here in sunny Arizona.... You take equal amounts of warm flat beer, epsom salt, AND YELLOW LISTERINE then mix it up in a container until the epsom salt is disolved most of the way, then you get one of those garden sprayer containers (you know the ones that you get at the hardware store and attach to the hose) and put your mixture in the container and attach it like you normally would and spray down your yard with it. This will keep the mosquitos away for 3-6 months when done correctly- I am pretty sure in that time frame you will be under snow again so it wont matter. :)

:eek: I forgot a majorly important ingredient- Yellow Listerine

My appologies if anyone used this mixture already!

~T