PDA

View Full Version : This is the definition of: BUSTED

Evil Chris
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Dateline NBC has been running "To catch a predator" recently.
They set up hidden cameras in rented homes and lure men to the homes from chatrooms on the internet.

Every one of these guys that show up thinks they are meeting an underage (13 to 15 years old typically) girl.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10912603/

It's like putting a barrell of raw meat into a pen full of tigers. I'm sure they could sit there and do this for years. Jails would be over-run with these guys.
It gives you the feeling that this is an epidemic.

Shocking as well are the kinds of men that show up. Teachers, ministers, professionals, etc.. Nobody seems to be exempt from taking these huge risks.

Virgule3
06-08-2006, 01:15 PM
When I lived in the states, I actually knew a guy who was into young, very young, girls. He never acted on his impulses, not that I know of, but I definately would not be surprised to see him on the show one day.

He was scary...

Sophie.

TheEnforcer
06-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Sick and twisted. Glad those guys are getting nailed.

MorganGrayson
06-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I could barely stand the local morning news this morning. Two, possibly three - it got confusing - local high school teachers were recently arrested for having sexual relations with students. Both male and female teachers.

What made me nervous was that the boy "reported" the female former teacher during a "disciplinary hearing." It sounded like an episode of "Law and Order" where he rolled on somebody to get a lighter sentence.

It does seem like an epidemic. However, our society has always had the "cause celebre du jour," so-to-speak. (Apologies to those of you who actually speak French. :) ) Remember when drunk driving was all over the news, no matter where you looked? Well, recently, this is our latest "cause."

I talked to a psychiatrist once who said that the incidents of child abuse of that sort has actually gone *down* since the 19th century. Back in the days of isolated farms, it was rampant. Back when nothing like that was ever spoken out loud, people could do whatever they wanted without fear of reprisal.

I'm going to wait to see how the court cases turn out. They can arrest all day...but can they convict them of anything?

Quagmire
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
There were a couple of articles about the legality of what the news programs are doing and I can't seem to find them at the moment. Obviously the ones where they are tagging along with the cops are legit.

Its an election year...

DonMike
06-08-2006, 05:57 PM
When I was in high school I worked at a department store. One of the guys I worked with would run upstairs to the security window everyone once in a while for no apparent reason. After working there a while I found out that there was a reason, he would do this when a prepubescent girl would be in our section. I thought it was a joke and being very niave I just forgot about it. One day we got into a discussion about what kind of girls we liked (I was in high school and had not quite realized I was gay back then). He went into a very graphic discription of the type of girl he liked, which put them just on the brink of hitting puberty. At the time I really thought he was kidding or exaggerating. I just couldn't comprehend the idea of someone being like that. Looking back on it I'm really creeped out by it now.

Kenny B
06-09-2006, 10:55 AM
yeah there are some sick people out there, one guy brought his young son with him when meeting another young boy. Sick people out there!

stonegatherer
06-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Not to defend these people, but women were generally married by age 18
a hundred years ago, and often to older men (say 30 yo). So the 15 yo
wasn't being molested back in the early 1900's, she was performing her
wifely duties.

Jimmidean
06-10-2006, 08:41 AM
I saw that show I think there were two parts to it.
Simply unbeleivable.
I was suprised the adult industry did not somehow get credit for this.

gunner
06-11-2006, 03:43 PM
shocking??? is it really?
I'd say 80-90% of those guys are members of sites that belong to programs like Lightspeed, TripleXCash, WebcamCash, etc

we're all guilty.

gimo33
06-11-2006, 04:35 PM
shocking....