PDA

View Full Version : I lost my wedding ring

Shane
06-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Due to a lapse in memory my wedding ring has taken what seems to be a permenant vacation from my finger.
I had forgotten to take it off before a shower so I had set it on the closed window sill. Unfortunately I forgot to grab it when I left the bathroom. By the time I remembered it was gone.
I'm thinking my 4 year old found it and has stashed it in his room some where though he is certainly not in a hurry to share where it's stashed.
Sniff...

Funbrunette
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Well there's a perfect excuse for hubby to get you a new one! :laughout: Seriously, I hope you find it hun....I lose mine all the time and I even forget that I'm married! :doh: lol

Shane
06-16-2006, 04:48 PM
LOL
I was a total wreck for the first day. But I am trying to be positive that it's going to turn up.

Quagmire
06-16-2006, 07:22 PM
My wedding ring rarely leaves my finger. I have an allergic reaction to cedar pollen so in the spring and late fall the skin on my hands all comes off. Then I have no choice because they are raw and sore.

I should go on a crime spree since I have no finger prints when it happens. Thats the only time my ring comes off. :)

SilvercashJeanette
06-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Wow Shane, I really hope you find it. I'm not married yet, but have been withh my bf for about 4 years now and I specificaly told him that if we do get married I want a crappy ring from a 25 cent machine. Lol Well, maybe he can slerge a little and get me a 50 center, but that's as far as I want him to go. Lol
The first ring he ever bought me was just a little $10 thing at Six Flags when we were 17 and when I lost I felt so bad. That's when I decided that I couldn't handle the responsibility of a good one. Lol

Again, I wish you the best of luck finding it.

Shane
06-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks.
It was the one thing I had promised myself I would never lose. Mostly because I tend to lose every thing at least once. However I had read you shouldn't wear your jewlery in the shower. So I started taking my rings off for that reason. I had a nice jewlery holder in there til my son got a hold of it. So I took that out and had been stashing them in a basket where I keep all my scrunchies. I just wish I had thought to put the ring where it belonged.

canadian4life
06-17-2006, 12:10 AM
ouch that sucks man.

Quagmire
06-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks.
It was the one thing I had promised myself I would never lose. Mostly because I tend to lose every thing at least once. However I had read you shouldn't wear your jewlery in the shower. So I started taking my rings off for that reason. I had a nice jewlery holder in there til my son got a hold of it. So I took that out and had been stashing them in a basket where I keep all my scrunchies. I just wish I had thought to put the ring where it belonged.
Just remember that you lost the ring, not the love that it represents.

When it comes down to it, its just a material posession. Don't let it grind on you too much that you lost it.

MorganGrayson
06-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Shane...the only reason to take your ring off in the shower would be if soap, etc., gets under it and makes you break out. Otherwise, leave it on. I don't ever take mine off unless dishwashing detergent makes the skin underneath the wide band start to get funky. I've also had my hands swell from heat and humidity, causing my husband to freak out and make me take it off as he cares more about the finger itself than the wedding band it's wearing. (This from a man who can no longer remove his wedding band as he's put on weight since we were married and the finger kind of grew around it.)

The ring will turn up. Eventually you'll clean the kids room and find it, no doubt being worn by a teddy bear or something. :)

Kids do oddly logical things. I once lost a contact lens because my young daughter played with them. I finally found it in one of the yellow bowls that I always had handy when I washed them or put them on; in case I dropped the thing it would fall in the yellow bowl. When she got into my contacts, she got a yellow bowl and put the lens in it, just as she'd seen me do a hundred times. If I'd thought of that sooner I could have saved myself a lot of time on my hands and knees on the floor.

gnat69
06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey Shane:

Here is a sure way to find your ring. It works for me all the time, as I think deep down inside I don't want to be married...jk

I misplace mine all the time. I don't get upset of freak. I just tell myself I will come across it. You'll end up doing something and it will just pop up.....

hope you find it soon

Shane
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks all for the kind words.
I still haven't found it, but I am ok with that now. I feel that it will turn up sooner or later and I'm ok with that. :)
Thanks for reminding me that it was only a ring and not the love! I needed that. :)

lelahosting
06-20-2006, 02:20 AM
i misplaced it onetime...freaked me out for the couple hours too!

i hope you find it soon

StaceyJo
06-20-2006, 05:59 AM
Well there's a perfect excuse for hubby to get you a new one! :laughout: Seriously, I hope you find it hun....I lose mine all the time and I even forget that I'm married! :doh: lol

naughty girl,. I thought that was a perfect excuse to get a new hubby! hahahaha

hope you find it before you could find something new.... hehehehe