PDA

View Full Version : 1st 24 hours of not smoking

blazi
06-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Well folks, after 12 years of polluting my lungs with cigarettes, I've finally quit WOOHOO!!! It's only been 24 hours, but to me that is a huge breakthrough! It's the strangest thing though because I quit cold turkey, no patch, nicotene gum or anything, just plain old fashioned cold turkey style and I don't even have a craving which boggles my mind but I'm very happy for that. Smokers are a minority now, use to be the other way around where if you didn't smoke you were considered a nerd/loser, but now non-smokers are the majority and I'm glad to have finally joined the 'other side' lol, it's gonna be strange hanging out with the non-smoking crowd after all these years :)

Magnus3x
06-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey I did it 5 years ago.. first 2 weeks sucked but after that I just kept thinking about how bad that first two weeks sucked and how I did'nt want to go through that again.

Keep it up.... it's all mental for the first while.

TheLegacy
06-23-2006, 10:04 AM
I was up to 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey 2 years ago. It will take about 2 to 4 weeks to get all the toxins out and the rest is now will power. Remember please - if you fall back and grab another one do not beat yourself up - simply congradulate yourself for staying away for that long and then do it again for even longer.

Funbrunette
06-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Keep it up hun! it does get easier! good luck! :xthumbs:

Vid Vicious
06-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Damn .. good for you .. I have to admit that for the last few weeks Ive been considering quiting .. however I just can t get myself to say "ok this is the last smoke or pack" .. plus it's been getting bad, I'm having a hard time smoking weed (coughing like a mofo).

My Bussiness partner has offered me a deal to quite smoking .. he's willing to pay for the laser treatment .. However if I take up smoking again I got to Pay out double ... $1000 .. It's a good incentive ...

20 + years of smoking I never even considered quiting ....

SilvercashJeanette
06-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Wow, that's great news! Keep up the good work!

I've been smoking for about 6 years now and I have tried to quit...About a year ago I got on the patches and I did quit for about 3 months...but as soon as I got stressed out (moving) I smoked 1 and it was all over.
Kinda wish I didn't do it...but I don't know...I'll quit eventually...hopefully Lol

Good luck to you!

canadian4life
06-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Keep up!

blazi
06-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Damn .. good for you .. I have to admit that for the last few weeks Ive been considering quiting .. however I just can t get myself to say "ok this is the last smoke or pack" .. plus it's been getting bad, I'm having a hard time smoking weed (coughing like a mofo).

My Bussiness partner has offered me a deal to quite smoking .. he's willing to pay for the laser treatment .. However if I take up smoking again I got to Pay out double ... $1000 .. It's a good incentive ...

20 + years of smoking I never even considered quiting ....

well maybe now's the time! It's only been 27 hours for me so far but already I feel better just knowing the smart choice I made to quit, when you really think hard about it there is absolutely no benefit in smoking and I know if I can quit then anyone can for real...

blazi
06-23-2006, 02:55 PM
btw, thanks for the encouragement everyone!! I'll keep you updated on my status

Evil Chris
06-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Stay strong blazi...

I smoked for 25 years. I quit 4 months ago. Not one puff in 4 months.
I'm doing just fine over here. :)

blazi
06-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Stay strong blazi...

I smoked for 25 years. I quit 4 months ago. Not one puff in 4 months.
I'm doing just fine over here. :)

wtg Evil Chris!!! if you can do it after smoking for 25 years I think I can quit after 12 :)

xxxmalouxxx
06-24-2006, 02:47 AM
well good for you and goodluck.. we know it's togh but it's just mind over mater.. get something to chew hehehe..

wildgirl
06-25-2006, 02:31 AM
great job...keep it up :)

Vid Vicious
06-27-2006, 12:03 AM
still thinking about it over here .. this smoking law has really helped me reduce the amount I smoke .. Ok so I bitchonce in awhile .And still find myself standing outside with the "smokers' .. but damn I went from 2 packs a day (approx 50 cigs) to less then a pack ... something around 20 ... Not bad .. pretty soon I'll kick this habit ..

but till then .. ... Phhhhfffffffffffffffffff ahhhh ..

cough cough

StaceyJo
06-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Well good for you and keep it up. Sooner you gonna let it go with no fear...

good luck ;)