PDA

View Full Version : "OMG Girlz Don’t Exist on the Intarweb!!!!"

Panky
06-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I received this link today from another female webmaster and I just to had to share. :) This article was written by a female gamer, but any woman who has spent any time online on boards, chatrooms, groups, IMs, and the likes, can relate to this article. :D

OMG Girlz Don’t Exist on teh Intarweb!!!!1
Whitney Butts

I am a girl on the internet. Yes, I said it. A girl on the internet. There really are quite a few of us. I can type. I can play games with the best of you. And you, my friend, are about to get owned by a girl.

I've been watching and observing the internet for quite some time now. It's like a science project with the usual control and variables. The control is: I am a girl. The variables are the medium through which this fact is expressed. The results all point to the same paradoxical conclusion: I am a girl, but girls do not exist on the internet.

Case 1: Adventures in IRC

[boy1] Teleios is a girl.
[boy2] omg, r u serious?
[boy1] yup, i heard her on vent.
[boy2] omg pics, now.
[Teleios] No.
[boy1] c'mon. you're not a girl if u don't show us pics.
[Teleios] I am a girl.
[boy2] then show us a pic.
[Teleios] no.
[boy1] teleios is probably a guy using a voice thing cuz she won't show a pic.
[boy2] ya, there are no girls on the intarweb.

The above is an actual log from an IRC channel I frequent. This isn't just a regular run of the mill IRC channel, this is the channel where a large number of the players from my World of Warcraft server spend their time when at work, or during weekly maintenance, or just to complain to the other faction when they are dealing with gankage.

This is the story of my internet life. (I'm not quite sure if it's a good or bad thing that I have an internet life, but internet life it is.) I'm a girl, I play games and I exist on the internet. Or so you think. Time after time, I get told I'm not a girl and that I don't exist. It's happened so much that I'm beginning to think that it's true.

Full article (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/print/17/27)

Evil Chris
06-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Panky, you're a girl?
Can we see your pic? ;)

stonegatherer
06-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Girls do exist on the internet, Santa told me so.

Post a :boobies: picture please Panky

:laughout:

Funbrunette
06-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah cuz the PINK font wasn't obvious enough! So Panky you're a chick? :laughout:

Panky
06-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Panky, you're a girl?
Can we see your pic? ;)

No. I don't show my pic to random people. :p

:D

Panky
06-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Girls do exist on the internet, Santa told me so.

Post a :boobies: picture please Panky

:laughout:

Santa lied to you.

How about a :bum: pic? :D

Panky
06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah cuz the PINK font wasn't obvious enough! So Panky you're a chick? :laughout:

LOL! No. I'm just a guy pretending to be a chick. How am I doing so far? :nuts:

stonegatherer
06-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Santa lied to you.

How about a :bum: pic? :D

Hell yeah! A :bum: pic works. :laughout:

Funbrunette
06-29-2006, 03:14 PM
LOL! No. I'm just a guy pretending to be a chick. How am I doing so far? :nuts:

Want to get naked and start the revolution? :luv: lol

stonegatherer
06-29-2006, 03:25 PM

I'm ready :)

daveydude
06-29-2006, 07:05 PM
If you don't give me your phone number in the first 5 mins of chatting, you're a guy ;)

Funbrunette
06-30-2006, 02:12 PM
If you don't give me your phone number in the first 5 mins of chatting, you're a guy ;)

Then I must have a cock...lol :wank: Or you're obviouly chatting with the wrong peeps!

Bhelliom
06-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I don't see what the problem is... Clearly women don't play on the interweb.

the proof is in the pudding. "Women" never go on webcam because they're always "Broken", and if they show pics they're ripped off a website...

I flirt anways... you know... just in case... one day this internet thing will hopefully take off and become mainstream so that all people can use it... even women :P

I really do love you all... please give me your number, and pictures, and go on webcam

Bhelliom
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Waiting with bated breath.

stonegatherer
06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Then I must have a cock...lol :wank: Or you're obviouly chatting with the wrong peeps!

Am I sick for thinking I wanna check out what funbrunette's got?