PDA

View Full Version : Eh Canadians want an easy $100?

Kenny B
07-20-2006, 11:47 AM
So I keep seeing these ads in the paper for a free ipod if I switch my bank account to TD Canada Trust. I'm already with TD so I call the 1800# and ask what they will do for me as an existing client, after all retention is just as important then aquiring a new client.

After going back and forth they agree to credit my account the value of the ipod, $100 for making a 5 minute call!

If you have your bank account with TD Canada trust call 1-866-389-5810 and make yourself $100!

gnat69
07-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't deal with traditional banks any longer, they suck up all my money, I am with PC Fiancial, virtual bank....

Mr. Blue
07-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I am with PC Fiancial, virtual bank....

Have they been good? I don't know why I get nervous with a virtual bank, but the last one I was with ended up selling to another virtual bank and it was just a hassle that I ended up closing the account. Granted, it was like one of the first virtual banks out there, but still it left a bad impression.

Evil Chris
07-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't deal with traditional banks any longer, they suck up all my money, I am with PC Fiancial, virtual bank....Wow, and I thought that I was ahead of the curve by doing so much online banking.

I can't see myself moving away from using a traditional banking system ever.

gnat69
07-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Have they been good? I don't know why I get nervous with a virtual bank, but the last one I was with ended up selling to another virtual bank and it was just a hassle that I ended up closing the account. Granted, it was like one of the first virtual banks out there, but still it left a bad impression.

I have been very happy with them, as long as you take out money from a CIBC there are no charges and no charges for chq's. I do everything online unless I have a question.

I have been with them for almost 5 years only had one problem. I wrote a chq and the amount in my account was 3 cents short and they charged me $35.00 for NSF, I mis calculated which is only human, but they made no effort to see the 1000's of dollars in my other account to say okay we don't have to worry about our $0.03, I was so upset and told them that I have been a great customer and since I don't have a history of bouncing cheques that they should give me a break. I talked to management and they agree'd with me and refunded my money back....other than that no!!!

gnat69
07-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Wow, and I thought that I was ahead of the curve by doing so much online banking.

I can't see myself moving away from using a traditional banking system ever.

Even the Devil doesn't like regular banks....LOL

Banks rip us off, take our money, charge us for the most ridiculous things, pay no interest and they just keep getting richer and richer :knight:

blazi
07-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm actually gonna try that and see if it works :)

Vid Vicious
07-22-2006, 07:01 PM
So I keep seeing these ads in the paper for a free ipod if I switch my bank account to TD Canada Trust. I'm already with TD so I call the 1800# and ask what they will do for me as an existing client, after all retention is just as important then aquiring a new client.

After going back and forth they agree to credit my account the value of the ipod, $100 for making a 5 minute call!

If you have your bank account with TD Canada trust call 1-866-389-5810 and make yourself $100!

LOL serious Kenny ..

I was at a TD branch two days ago makin a sizable withdrawl .. i kept asking the Teller if she can slip me an IPOd .. she jsut kept bitchin that they suck ...

I really wanted one of those Nano`s

Vid Vicious
07-22-2006, 07:04 PM
I`d like to know more abotu this Virtual Banking thing .. And what`s this Internet you speak off

Kenny B
07-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Vid they won't give you a nano unless you move some accounts and a few other things, they won't even give out the shuffle but they will give you credit on your account for the value $100:-)