PDA

View Full Version : What's the cool cell phone to own now?

Evil Chris
07-25-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm still using the Motorola RAZR.
I am not too crazy about it, but it does have great reception and Bluetooth is a must when driving now.

What's the cool one to own now? Anyone have the Motorola SLVR?

FB has an uber cool Samsung. Can't remember the model number though.

stonegatherer
07-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Anybody tried <A href="http://www.helio.com/page?a=promo_redir&chid=&pcode=&rp=&device=&dcmp=&attribute=&kbid=1114">
Helio</a> service? Looks pretty cool.

Yes I am an affiliate ...

Funbrunette
07-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm still using the Motorola RAZR.
I am not too crazy about it, but it does have great reception and Bluetooth is a must when driving now.

What's the cool one to own now? Anyone have the Motorola SLVR?

FB has an uber cool Samsung. Can't remember the model number though.

Ah yes my sweet little phone it's a Samsung SGH-D820 It's been good to me!

Stephane76
07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
i have not had a phone for 3 weeks now
feels damn good ! :)

Virgule3
07-25-2006, 04:29 PM
My phone's pink...

dyonisus
07-26-2006, 05:22 PM
yeah, I went out in the water the other week and killed my RAZR, the phone wants to work but the battery is done! I am in the market for a new one myself due to that!

Mr. Blue
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM
I just have an old nokia that I hardly use anyway, lol. I guess I'm just not that much of a cellphone person.

carol.prime
07-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Nokia N90. Features is awesome. :)

stonegatherer
07-26-2006, 06:08 PM
yeah, I went out in the water the other week and killed my RAZR, the phone wants to work but the battery is done! I am in the market for a new one myself due to that!

didn't you have the insurance?

dyonisus
07-27-2006, 02:04 AM
No Insurance... my bad, but i am not sure even if that would cover water damage

Evil Chris
07-27-2006, 10:04 AM
dyonisus! Well hello stranger...

Long time no see. :)

gnat69
07-27-2006, 10:18 AM
The best cell I ever had was two tin cans and some string.....(c:

stonegatherer
07-27-2006, 11:27 AM
No Insurance... my bad, but i am not sure even if that would cover water damage

I refer to cell phone insurance as the "chuck it in the lake" policy.
Mine covers it.

Carol
07-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I have the pocket pc and it's a right pain in my ass. I want the Motorola Q, you can operate it one handed and I Adore that

Anthony
07-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Ah yes my sweet little phone it's a Samsung SGH-D820 It's been good to me!

Me too! :)

stonegatherer
07-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I have the pocket pc and it's a right pain in my ass. I want the Motorola Q, you can operate it one handed and I Adore that

Check out Helio's phones carol

http://www.helio.com/page?a=promo_redir&chid=&pcode=&rp=&device=&dcmp=&attribute=&kbid=1114

xxxmalouxxx
07-28-2006, 02:13 AM
i'm so checking for some sony ericsson...gotta love the games lol

stonegatherer
07-28-2006, 07:15 AM
i'm so checking for some sony ericsson...gotta love the games lol

i think they are opening a store here in chicago kust like motorola did for the Q

Stephane76
07-28-2006, 04:31 PM
i jut got that thing yesterday
http://www.areamobile.de/images/handies/motorola/i670/200607191046Motorola_i670_zu.jpg
and even tho the phone aint the best... that Walkie talkie feature kicks ass !

SilvercashJeanette
07-28-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't have a cell phone :(

leedsfan
07-28-2006, 07:52 PM
I have a Nokia 6682. I like it. I can play music, its got a good camera. It does voice activation on calls and apps. Video playback is good. Plenty of neat apps on it, and software is stable.

Virgule3
07-29-2006, 08:21 PM
This is my phone:

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/products/large/10069101.jpg

I told you it was pink!

Sophie.

stonegatherer
07-30-2006, 06:03 PM
I told you it was pink!

Sophie.

I figured you had a pink RAZR.

Mr. Blue
07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
I got a question about cellphones....does it ever annoy you that you can always be reached? Personally I feel a little caged in at times knowing that if I go for a long peaceful walk somewhere someone can call me about business and completely annoy me. Oh sure, You can shut the cell off, but then the person usually bitches at you after the fact.

xxxmalouxxx
07-31-2006, 01:08 AM
The best cell I ever had was two tin cans and some string.....(c:

lol.. I used to have that... what a classic.. hehe:baby:

Evil Chris
07-31-2006, 08:58 AM
I got a question about cellphones....does it ever annoy you that you can always be reached? Personally I feel a little caged in at times knowing that if I go for a long peaceful walk somewhere someone can call me about business and completely annoy me. Oh sure, You can shut the cell off, but then the person usually bitches at you after the fact.I totally agree with you. I would love to simply cancel my service and be done with the damn mobile phone. It's crazy that we're all so accessible now, and mobile phones aren't simple communication devices as they once were. They're cameras, agendas, game consoles, and music players now. Basically they are becoming expensive (and disposable) time-wasters. All we are doing is buying into the commercial rhetoric that we NEED these fucking things to function in our daily lives when really we don't. All we're now doing is driving a previously monopolized section of the market (telephone services).

Fuck... we're all zombies. :what:

stonegatherer
07-31-2006, 10:50 AM

My Motorola V60 really does nothing but make and receive calls.
And just because it rings doens't mean it gets answered.

Mr. Blue
07-31-2006, 12:49 PM
I totally agree with you. I would love to simply cancel my service and be done with the damn mobile phone. It's crazy that we're all so accessible now, and mobile phones aren't simple communication devices as they once were. They're cameras, agendas, game consoles, and music players now. Basically they are becoming expensive (and disposable) time-wasters. All we are doing is buying into the commercial rhetoric that we NEED these fucking things to function in our daily lives when really we don't. All we're now doing is driving a previously monopolized section of the market (telephone services).

Also, don't you notice people never interact with each other anymore. When I was growing up we didn't have all the gadgets to remove ourselves from our environment. When I got on a train or went to a public area, strangers might actually talk to each other out of boredom.

Now it's like, Ipod in the ears, cellphone on the ready, some wireless connection so they can "lol" with cyber strangers. It just seems like we're always disconnected from reality and living in some electronic medium now.

Eeek, we're becoming part of the matrix. :eek:

Evil Chris
07-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Also, don't you notice people never interact with each other anymore. When I was growing up we didn't have all the gadgets to remove ourselves from our environment. When I got on a train or went to a public area, strangers might actually talk to each other out of boredom.

Now it's like, Ipod in the ears, cellphone on the ready, some wireless connection so they can "lol" with cyber strangers. It just seems like we're always disconnected from reality and living in some electronic medium now.

Eeek, we're becoming part of the matrix. :eek:Yes... it's called social conditioning.

I even find myself saying to my Mom... "Mom, why do you talk to everyone like you know them?"... it's just because she's old-school and doesn't own any of the gadgets we own.

ok she has a cell phone. But it's NEVER on. LOL

Evil Chris
07-31-2006, 01:03 PM
My Motorola V60 really does nothing but make and receive calls.
And just because it rings doens't mean it gets answered.I like your attitude. :xthumbs:
The one thing I don't like about my own cell phone.... It rings! *arrrg*

stonegatherer
07-31-2006, 01:49 PM
I like your attitude. :xthumbs:
The one thing I don't like about my own cell phone.... It rings! *arrrg*

Half the time I don't even answer it when it's my mom .....
5 laps to go in a race, 2 minutes 30 second left in a Steeler game ....
My mom always calls at the worst possible moment. I swear if
I would ever meet a female and have sex at 4 AM (LOL like I could stay
up that late) my damn phone would ring and the caller id would say "MOM".

Bhelliom
07-31-2006, 02:23 PM
ok I'm going to actually answer the question for this thread...

I have the SLVR and I love it. does all kinds of cool shit... mostly I have it for looks as no one loves me enough to call me.

I like it.. reception is good... bluetooth is good and its not one of the tens of millions of flip phones and razrs... so I can tell which one is mine from a glance.

as for everything else discussed.... I completely ignore my mother and regret giving her my number ( I think I accidentally called her when I was going to her place and she got it on her cell)

I also ignore it when I'm at home or pretty much doing anything else.

Stephane76
08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
what was wrong with those 2 here ? eh ?

http://fubarwebmasters.com/current/qweb05/701/z08057.jpg

GOD
08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm still using a Nokia 3390 ....

The reception in heaven SUCKS - Gabriel has to use a horn to be able to hear me, Saint Peter is always engaged when I try to call him, and that Holy Ghost bastard ... always rings straight thru to voicemail!!! :geez:

melloman
08-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Anybody tried <A href="http://www.helio.com/page?a=promo_redir&chid=&pcode=&rp=&device=&dcmp=&attribute=&kbid=1114">
Helio</a> service? Looks pretty cool.

Yes I am an affiliate ...

heard but don't know of anyone that has it

stonegatherer
08-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't know anybody that has it either. It's $85 a month but has
tons of feature.

Evil Chris
08-18-2006, 11:59 AM
haha... nice picture find Stephane...
But I think you just wanted an excuse to say... "eh" !

:)

GOD
08-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Look no further EC

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=286

Evil Chris
08-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Look no further EC

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=286
I have one... circa (about 1960).
It works as well now as it did back then.

silvercashRobert
08-25-2006, 06:15 PM
I have this one! It's awesome! http://www.privateline.com/IMTS/Mark1000Canyon.jpg

wildgirl
08-27-2006, 01:48 AM
I have no cellphone anymore...my sony ericsson k700i was just sold.

melloman
08-27-2006, 05:06 PM
wow..what a nice portable phone..lol

stonegatherer
08-27-2006, 10:14 PM
silvercashRobert, is your last name Bond? or do they call you Agent 86?

That phone must be pretty sophisticated!!

Anthony
08-28-2006, 09:47 AM
After 2 or 3 months, I got tired of not being connected to email, so I got rid of the Samsung, and got a Crackberry 8200G.

I dont' know how I ever got anything done after I got rid of my Treo.

stonegatherer
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
I don't know where I originally saw this, and hate giving
any credit to any site if they are not the owner of the information,
but I am posting anyways:

10 most beautiful cell phones (http://gadgets.fosfor.se/the-top-10-most-beautiful-cellphones/)

Anthony
09-18-2006, 04:03 PM
After 2 or 3 months, I got tired of not being connected to email, so I got rid of the Samsung, and got a Crackberry 8200G.

I dont' know how I ever got anything done after I got rid of my Treo.

I was wrong, I got the 8700G. I wish I waited, because Blackberry now has the 8100 Pearl, which is thinner than the RAZR, and light as hell.

Even has GPS built in, with blackberry maps. :(

RawAlex
09-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Black RAZR... no MP3 or anything like (I got an IPOD for that). Works great, has some of the best reception I have gotten in a long time with a phone, and combined with a bluetooth earpiece is pretty much a great experience.

Unblocked german market phone too... so I am not beholden to bell or rogers for it.

Alex