PDA

View Full Version : Hells Kitchen Finale...

gnat69
08-15-2006, 10:59 AM
CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER

:)

She picked the better team to help her win, and despite not having a palate like Virginia she was more organized and had a better service. I did not like the graffiti that was written on the colums but it looks like they got rid of it.....hope she lasts at RedRock...

Evil Chris
08-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Anyone know precisely which restaurant she got?
http://www.redrocklasvegas.com/dining/index.php

T-Bones CHophouse?

Bhelliom
08-15-2006, 12:07 PM
No Idea which one she got but congratulations to her. I knew it was going to be either her or Keith.. But when Keith got the boot... clearly had tobe Heather.

Virginia was good.. but a little too spacey IMO to be an exec chef

TheEnforcer
08-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah.. it seems like Virgiana has a bit better palate and dishes in my book but heather was far more organized and take charge.

gnat69
08-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah.. it seems like Virgiana has a bit better palate and dishes in my book but heather was far more organized and take charge.

agree'd :)

RawAlex
08-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I actually got the feeling that Virginia would be great at creating menus, developing properties, etc... she really seemed to have a much better idea of what the actual restaurant was going to be about. Heather is a young but fiarly experienced line and sous-chef, which means when it comes to making things run, she has the advantage of experience. However, I would have to say I wouldn't be able to work with her for more than about 10 seconds, she just wigs me out!

I would rather have sat in Virginia's restaurant, but probably eaten Heather's food.

Nickatilynx
08-15-2006, 06:36 PM
I actually got the feeling that Virginia would be great at creating menus, developing properties, etc... she really seemed to have a much better idea of what the actual restaurant was going to be about. Heather is a young but fiarly experienced line and sous-chef, which means when it comes to making things run, she has the advantage of experience. However, I would have to say I wouldn't be able to work with her for more than about 10 seconds, she just wigs me out!

I would rather have sat in Virginia's restaurant, but probably eaten Heather's food.

I reckon Virginia needs a post where she is Chef , developing the restaurant and developing signature dishes with someone like heather actually running the kitchen.

heather had no flair to be in the upper echelons of Restaurant business imho and Virginia had no leadership ability.

What does heather get? A one year contract or something?

Evil Chris
08-16-2006, 11:31 AM
I mostly agree with everyone. I actually called for Virginia to win and if she was a little more confident with her kitchen staff, I think she would have won it.

Great show. I look forward to the next one.
I'm still wondering which resto she earned the right to run at Red Rock. I might drop in for dinner on my next trip to Vegas.

RawAlex
08-16-2006, 11:53 AM
The video appeared to be shot in the chophouse, so the potential is that is where she ended up. I am guessing it is a contract of sorts, certain amount of time assured, or perhaps even "name on the bottom line", which would truly be special.

All the reviews for the Red Rock I have seen are "excellent"... except that ongoing contruction is sort of annoying.