PDA

View Full Version : American Hero

Bhelliom
08-22-2006, 12:14 PM
This guy is my new Hero. Read this craigslist post.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/184295834.html

some highlights

I head out onto PCH, and drive less than a mile... when MB's finest pulls me over...

WTF? I know I wasn't speeding. The officer comes up to the car, and asks for my license and insurance card... I hand over the license, and tell him I'm not sure where the insurance card is - 'it's my son's car'... "look in the glovebox" (he is - actually - smiling now)...

I open the glovebox... and a small BONG falls out... I look at him... he looks at me... This is not happening! Oh, but it is. The first thing I say is 'it's not mine!'... "um, sir, could you step out of the car, please"...

She does not know that I just found out my son is in Summer school, because of bad grades. She doesn't know that DMV has provided me with her, and his, records; apparently they have a problem with obeying traffic laws.

Evil Chris
08-22-2006, 12:50 PM
His family is in for the shock of their lives! I doubt he can completely pull it off though. Best of luck to them all. :)

(He's fortunate that the police officer was as cooperative as he was!)

DonMike
08-22-2006, 12:53 PM
You know what gets me about this. How does a father not notice all those changes in the kid's car? I mean, I can see if it's one or two details or if he had just pimped his ride the night before, but come on. He was too lenient and now he's going to crack down. Here's a novel idea, how about you get to know your family. Hey, how about skipping your three martini lunch and your afterwork dinner meeting and take your family out for a meal where you all sit and... oh, I don't know, talk. Novel concept, huh? The guy's upset over his kid's bong so he's gonna stop for a drink before he reams the kid out? Now that's setting a good example.

I know a parent can't be around their kids 24/7, but if he hadn't noticed major changes to the kid's car then something's very wrong.

gunner
08-23-2006, 12:29 PM
You know what gets me about this. How does a father not notice all those changes in the kid's car? I mean, I can see if it's one or two details or if he had just pimped his ride the night before, but come on. He was too lenient and now he's going to crack down. Here's a novel idea, how about you get to know your family. Hey, how about skipping your three martini lunch and your afterwork dinner meeting and take your family out for a meal where you all sit and... oh, I don't know, talk. Novel concept, huh? The guy's upset over his kid's bong so he's gonna stop for a drink before he reams the kid out? Now that's setting a good example.

I know a parent can't be around their kids 24/7, but if he hadn't noticed major changes to the kid's car then something's very wrong.

exactly.
he acts like this all just happend overnight. I'd say things had been getting away from him for quite some time.

DonMike
08-23-2006, 12:49 PM
exactly.
he acts like this all just happend overnight. I'd say things had been getting away from him for quite some time.

Well, that's the thing. Maybe he's condensing everything for dramatic effect but it sounds like a distant father who now feels he's losing control. Everyone wants to blame everyone else in this world. Just fess up and say it's time you spend time with your kid and get to know what's going on in his life. I love my parents but my dad never had a clue what was going on with me. Lucky for him I was a good kid, but we had nothing in common.

gnat69
08-23-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't know what to say for that ....lol wish I was a fly on the wall for this one...I don't blame him I would do the same thing or close to it, he is one brave guy...haha

as far as the car, he said the car was not parked in thier driveway so he would not see it....

DonMike
08-23-2006, 02:47 PM
This is why I will never be a parent. I have such unreal expectations about kids. I would be one of those "let's all stay home tonight and just talk" parents with no TV and no sugar, health foods and reading books and crap. And my kids would probably hate me. :laughout: