PDA

View Full Version : Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin

Funbrunette
09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
:sad:
CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and conservationist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.

FULL STORY HERE (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin)

Evil Chris
09-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Crikey, truly a shame. :(

xxxmalouxxx
09-04-2006, 11:54 PM
He's my favorite.. gotta love his australian accent.. and the way he jumps on those crocs...

very sad to hear:( ok truly it breaks my heart to know this

jscott
09-05-2006, 04:19 AM
that is really shitty to hear, being such an animal lover

:(

wildgirl
09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
hear it in the news and it was so sad...

JoeyCanoli
09-05-2006, 11:52 AM
The dingo ate your baby!

Stephane76
09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
i was in shoked when i saw that yesterday
He is one of those guys that i thought was invicible, it 's so sad for his 2 kids
RIP Steve !

DonMike
09-05-2006, 03:31 PM
This really made me sad. I always liked him and would watch his shows when I had a chance. I wonder if they are going to rerun them or just let it all go. What a tragedy. :(

qUeenBeE
09-05-2006, 09:28 PM
heard that news, too...may he rest in peace
and i feel sorry for the family, i hope they would recover from his death soon enough

McKidd
09-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Sad news... especially since he has children.

gnat69
09-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I found many saying that Steve Irwin was and is an idiot for what he did and he deserved to die, but.....

I truly believe he died doing what he loved and who is to say that what he did was dangerous when walking across the street is also taking a risk, shame on those for saying he was stupid meanwhile your all miserable sittinig behind your desks spewing shit because that is the only way you can feel good about yourself, at least he tried to make the world a better place....rant done

DonMike
09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I agree Gnat. We've all done things that some would consider risky in our lives. Wether it's jumping from a plane, allowing yourself to be tied up, eating nothing but junkfood and too much sweets, having a few beers and then driving home. But someone takes chances to live an incredible life and those who don't will easily scoff. You know, he's seen things many of us dream about. It may not have been a long life, but it was well lived.

BDS Andrew
09-10-2006, 08:41 AM
very sad... RIP Steve... :(

Vid Vicious
09-11-2006, 08:58 AM
RIP steve ... what I don't get is that it's a know fact to always iether stay to the side, Back or under a stingray .. Never above .. when that tail slashes up ( it c an only go upwards with tremendous force) it can cut through human bone ... I really would like to see the video cus I find it hard to believe that steve allowed himself to be above this Lovely sea creature ... not a good place to be .. And for the Tail to have stabbed him in the heart .. that would mean steve was kind of mid way above the creatures Body .... A good 3 - 4 feete above for his tail to hithim in the heart ..

Yah I've been thinking about this for a week .. Steve was one of my favorite .. Rags to riches Television stories .. His is a pretty cool one ..

DonMike
09-11-2006, 12:37 PM
A friend of mine told me that he'd heard that the cameraman did something by accident that scared the stingray. I don't know what it was, maybe he stepped in too close and got over the stingray and that scared him. It would be interesting to see the video just to see what happened. I've swam with stingrays in the Bahamas and they are beautiful creatures.

Janell
09-12-2006, 03:38 PM
I hope his wife was not there when they were filming.

Mr. Burns
09-16-2006, 08:27 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/adamthick/rip.jpg

GoodChris
09-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Must make the crocs talk amongst themselves.... they had so many chances to do him in and he gets whacked by a stingray.... so much shame in the croc community right now I'm sure.