PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 and me.....

gnat69
09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Each person has their own personal take of 9/11...

All around the world people live in war everyday, and not that we have forgotten that but, when it hits home it is devastating....

I remember that morning as if it were yesterday.

I was unemployed, I had gotten up early, went downstairs to make a cup of tea....it was 8:40am

I turned on the telly and I saw the first plane hit, confused like everyone else I thought it was a accident until the second plane hit....all I remember is I dropped my cup...

I am an 8 hour drive away from the towers, but it felf like it was right in my neighbourhood.

I grabbed the phone and called my husband, to be honest I have no idea what the conversation was, the next thing I remember is calling my friend Jenia. She was in a daze and I know she did not hear a word I had said since I just woke her up.

An hour passed and she had still not called me back, I called again and screamed in the phone get the fuck out of bed!!!

We had a friend that just moved to NYC 2 weeks before to take Dance and she lived 3 blocks away from the towers...

I got dressed and started walking to her house. Transit was all screwed up in the city, stores were closing, people walking around in a daze....

I finally got to her house and we sat and watched CNN like it was some kind of drug, no matter what we tried we could not pull ourselves away from the TV.

After 5 hours of watching it, I decided that I had to do something. I didn't have a lot of money that I could donate so I packed up as much stuff as I could for the people that might need it but no company or organization was collecting, then it hit me!!!

I went through the next 3 weeks of my life in tears.

My thoughts are with all that died and all that survived.

Sept 10, 2006 on CBS a documentary was shown about one FireHouse where all memebers of the house came back alive. CBS is going to re-broadcast the movie. This movie is commercial free and the best representation of what these people had to do to save lives.

Thank You

Stephane76
09-11-2006, 01:33 PM
My thoughts are with all that died and all that survived.

Mine are too, i just wish they ( The governement ) were taking care of the surivors like they said they would. Thousands of people that were there inhalated toxics fumes and have lungs and sinuses diceases. They wont even get free medication for it.

if you speak french >> http://s.tf1.fr/FluxJt/jt13d11092006/jt13d11092006.asx

Evil Chris
09-11-2006, 01:55 PM
A tragic event that will never be forgotten. :(

Brandon99
09-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Sept 10, 2006 on CBS a documentary was shown about one FireHouse where all memebers of the house came back alive. CBS is going to re-broadcast the movie. This movie is commercial free and the best representation of what these people had to do to save lives.

Thank You

I have that DVD.
http://www.amazon.com/11-Filmmakers-Commemorative-James-Hanlon/dp/B00006B1HI

xxxmalouxxx
09-12-2006, 12:02 AM
I still wish it didn't happen.. :(

gnat69
09-12-2006, 12:54 PM
I still wish it didn't happen.. :(

We can wish for a lot of things not to happen, but the fact is that they do and we need to do what we can to stop this all over the world, not just in North America

Janell
09-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I was living in DC when it happened. My family had friends who just never came home. I remember desparetly trying to get a hold of my family as I was at work. I will never forgot those brave people who tried to save the lives of many and those who lost their lives. I flew my flag proudly yesterday. It made me sad that our house was the only one on the block displaying our colors.