PDA

View Full Version : The Canadian Adult market

Vid Vicious
09-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Had an interesting conversation last night about the Canadian market, How large it is, Where its going and how does it compare to the US market.

A large part of the convo was about its beginings. For myself, its beginings were in 1998 thats when I got started, as far as I know there were only a handful of companies, some that set presidance for Canadian producers, the one I talked about was Sweet Entertainment of Vancouver. The convo went on to discuss movers and shakers. Oddly enough I was named in that group .. it was a shock to me .. but what wasn t a shock where the names of some of the guys I started out with, Dugmor and our very own Evil Chris ...

What are your thoughts on this subject ? .. I d love to get a webmasters prespective .. since mine is solely based on content and my own experiences in the last 6 years.

TheLegacy
09-20-2006, 11:35 AM
I started out 10 years ago in Toronto with a newly formed Python Communications as their director of marketing and sales. It was a huge undertaking and a big push for a new company out of the gate - but it grew fast. I have seen new companies start after that - but those that truly have a handle of the situation stay in the background and prefer to make deals and change the industry off the boards and away from the limelight.

the groups do not necessarily meet in the usual gatherings - instead offshore quirky island getaways that are more of a tax shelter and high powered meetings instead of (and don't take offense) sales people running around talking to webmasters to get affiliates to sign up.

It is very much like a Tim Horton's donut - icing on the top is the high energy sugar sales people running around attempting to make a name for themselves saying, "look at me look at me!!" and very similar to icing, they fall off as fast as you can shake it on (very high turnaround for icing sales people) - then there are those who create the content and do alot of work behind the scenes, they would be the thicker dough that surrounds and protects the last and most important part of the donut - and we all know that we all want to get to the creamy filling where the players are - the reason we got the donut and entered into the industry. These are the guys who make the rules that we all follow and the money we all get paid with - they put the dough in the donut.

Long live the cream filled donuts

Pat_theBrat
09-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Say Robert,

Is it VidVicious previous post that got you in the donut zone ?

Vid Vicious
09-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Say Robert,

ROFLMAO.. celle la elle et bonne !

quotealex
09-20-2006, 11:10 PM
ROFLMAO.. celle la elle et bonne !J'la vois pas celle la. Est-elle vraiment bonne?:)

TheLegacy
09-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Say Robert,

whatever do you mean LOL

http://harroldelem.k12.sd.us/elementary/caitlyn/homer%20eating%20donut.gif