PDA

View Full Version : Billing ?'s- from trial to full membership and more

TheEnforcer
09-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Got a question or two I need answers for and am not as familiar with the stats today as compared to the past.

1- What is the average ratio these days of trials that convert to full membership? What's an excellent ratio and what's piss poor?

2- What, if any, difference does the trial subscription price and length make? IE- does a lower trial mean more fraud, etc and what do the various prices mean to conversion rates to full trial.

3- What, if any, difference have people noticed in not having a trial at all but offering just an straight sign up option.

Evil Chris
09-29-2006, 04:09 PM
TE... I can give this a bit of a shot, but I doubt it will put much light on what you're asking.

With regards to ratios, it all depends on how the affiliate program is counting their clicks. Further to that, the niche has a lot to do with it as well, not to mention the origins of the traffic. Let's share a bottle of gin sometime and we can talk about ratios all night and get everywhere and nowhere.

As for trials, I have never been a fan. We could do without them as far as I'm concerned. But since they're here, there are some interesting ways to offer them and still make money (both the program owners and their affiliates). Take Teenrevenue for example. Once you get to one of our join pages, you'll note there is no trial offered. Only a monthly or more option. But once they close the join window, the trial gets offered to them. This makes for much more full month signups and thus... more rebills.

TheEnforcer
09-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reply Chris. I like the trial only on pop-up model.

Sammy4u
09-30-2006, 03:34 AM
We tried the trial only on pop up after they close out the site and it worked. What we have found works better for us though is to have a cheap 2 day membership that recurs at a higher rate then our regular monthly charge. We have this option right on our join page. In the end our revenue has gone up.

TheEnforcer
10-02-2006, 12:28 PM
We tried the trial only on pop up after they close out the site and it worked. What we have found works better for us though is to have a cheap 2 day membership that recurs at a higher rate then our regular monthly charge. We have this option right on our join page. In the end our revenue has gone up.

always nice when trying new ways to increase revenue works. Good job.