PDA

View Full Version : Got a hobby?

Evil Chris
09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
I've become a bit of a bird watcher.
I know... 10 years ago, that would have sounded pretty boring to me as well, but for some reason I have gotten into it these past couple of years.

It's incredible the number of species that visit my backyard.

What's your hobby?

gnat69
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
LMFAO Chris, I don't know why I laffed out loud but I too have found I do the same thing, I love it but not a hobby for me....

I collect butterflies

http://www.butterflies.be/images/logo.jpg

BruceMiller
09-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Snowboarding, and playing video games with my son.

BruceMiller
09-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I've become a bit of a bird watcher.
I know... 10 years ago, that would have sounded pretty boring to me as well, but for some reason I have gotten into it these past couple of years.

It's incredible the number of species that visit my backyard.

What's your hobby?

Oh and planting trees... We have lived in our home now for 6 years and each fall and spring we plant about 12 trees, now we have a good number of birds flying around, mostly from the trees that were here when we first moved in... I guess it's time for me to go pick up a book...

Got any suggestions?

McKidd
09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I inherited a stamp collection. Stamps mostly from Great Britain and (some from) continental Europe. I add to it occasionally.

Evil Chris
09-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Oh and planting trees... We have lived in our home now for 6 years and each fall and spring we plant about 12 trees, now we have a good number of birds flying around, mostly from the trees that were here when we first moved in... I guess it's time for me to go pick up a book...

Got any suggestions?On tree planting? No idea but that's an interesting hobby as well. Once a year I get a bit of a green thumb and get out in the yard planting flowers, but not much more complicated than that.

McKidd... interesting. I have a very small stamp and currency collection that I have not added to in over 10 years. But there are some gems in there. :)

SilvercashJeanette
09-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Interesting question...I can't say I really have a hobby because I don't do any of these things on a regular basis, but whenever I have time and am in the mood I like to sew and embroider, paint, write stories and poems, and I love wood working, but haven't been able to do it in years because I don't have the tools for it. :)

Ok...that last sentence came out highly sexual, but I assure you that is not the kind of wood I was refering to. :laughout:

BruceMiller
09-27-2006, 09:12 PM
On tree planting?

Sorry...lol I meant on Bird Watching... :)

Evil Chris
09-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Sorry...lol I meant on Bird Watching... :)Oh... hehe ok.
My book is from www.dk.com and it's called "Birds of Canada, Field Guide"

Hopefully this link to it will work:
http://cn.dk.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9781553630463,00.html

Funbrunette
09-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Lately it's been working! :doh:

Stephane76
09-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Lately it's been working! :doh:

+1

playing soccer will be the Other one :)

Sammy4u
09-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't have a hobby. I work, go to the gym, eat and sleep. Once in a while if I am really good I get to go out for a nice dinner and a few drinks.

born2blog
09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
blogging is a main part of my work and a hobby also

Panky
09-29-2006, 12:40 AM
I like to sketch, paint, do some artsy craftsy kind of stuff, read, and cross stitch.

SweetKayla
09-29-2006, 05:48 AM
I dont really have a hobby any more I read all the time, 3 books a week. I used to dance, loved it but then moved away and didnt start again:(

Kenny B
10-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't consider it a hobby, but 4-5 nights a week I go for walks downtown, give $ to homeless and buy them some hot dogs or pizza slices and talk to them for a bit.

They all have a story to tell and many have lessons to learn from. Some of them are crazy and I don't get further then here's a quarter, I really feel for them as the nights are getting much colder.

It's all about karma, I've been having a great year and I think it's important to help out where we can.

We don't have many birds or trees downtown, but there a load of bums, I guess your enviroment can dictate your intrests lol

Evil Chris
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Kenny, I didn't know that about you. :xthumbs:

Funbrunette
10-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Kenny, I didn't know that about you. :xthumbs:

Oh there's a lot more you DON'T know about Kenny...lol :boobies: JUST KIDDING!

Brooke Anderson
10-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary.. I have a pond I try to maintain, but it is 10 times more dificult then I would have thought.

gnat69
10-03-2006, 07:51 AM
This is a hobby that everyone should have, that is great Kenny :luv:

I wouldn't consider it a hobby, but 4-5 nights a week I go for walks downtown, give $ to homeless and buy them some hot dogs or pizza slices and talk to them for a bit.

They all have a story to tell and many have lessons to learn from. Some of them are crazy and I don't get further then here's a quarter, I really feel for them as the nights are getting much colder.

It's all about karma, I've been having a great year and I think it's important to help out where we can.

We don't have many birds or trees downtown, but there a load of bums, I guess your enviroment can dictate your intrests lol

Kenny B
10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks all, it is a fun and rewarding thing to do. I have to find a solution for the winter so that I can get them all some nice hot coffee at night. Being homeless during the summer months here isn't bad, I can't imagine the winter!

TheLegacy
10-03-2006, 11:19 AM
well we moved into our new home and planted 21 trees within the first 3 weeks. I would say my hobby's could be pool, chess or any strategy game, Love golf though havent played in years but mostly seeing my wife happy

Sultrychloe
10-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Well right now I'm working on my new web cam show. Can't wait to share it with you all. :)

Janell
10-03-2006, 04:39 PM
I am a huge scrapbooker.

Seska
10-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I like to cook but considering I need to eat, cooking is not quite a hobby. But then again if I ate like James (purely for survival) I would not need to cook. He does the simple heating up a burrito kind of thing. I like to find new recipes and add them to my repertoire. I cook something special nearly every day, sometimes twice a day. The other thing I do is read. Some of it is nonfiction as part of my research for my writing but some of it is novels for fun.

Chr1isme
10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
I collect the new US quarters here's the blurb from the us mint
From 1999 to 2008, the United States Mint will issue a new state quarter approximately every 10 weeks. Each quarter's reverse will celebrate one of the 50 states with a design honoring its unique history, traditions, and symbols. We've taken your favorite state quarters and created collectibles that you will treasure for a lifetime. Learn more about the 50 State Quarters®Program by visiting our "Special Programs" pages.

My parents bought me a holder for them that is the actual map of the us & there is a spot for a quarter in every state.

qUeenBeE
10-04-2006, 03:36 AM
i have a long list: music jamming, playing guitar, sketching, painting, chess, reading books (mostly works by sidney sheldon, thomas harris, dean koontz, dan brown, james patterson, stephen king, neil gaiman, nicholas sparks, etc)

Quagmire
10-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Is chronic masturbation a hobby, or a problem? :D

I golf, I putter around the yard, I build things. I play video games. thats about it.