PDA

View Full Version : When you were in high school...

Evil Chris
09-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Who did you hang out with?

I hung out mostly with the rockers and the punks. It was at that time that I was introduced to the likes of the Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, The B-52s and other similar stuff. That isn't to say I didn't also like bands like Cheap Trick and Pink Floyd.

I didn't like the jock crowd in my school. It was bad enough that I had several classes with them. I dunno why but I instinctively thought they were assholes (most of them). The girls in their crowd liked me though. ;)

Funbrunette
09-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm guilty! I was a bratty Cheerleader that only dated jocks and picked on other people! Looking back I feel bad! I was young and stupid! :shh:

TheLegacy
09-28-2006, 02:55 PM
high school I was a diplomat - was on the senior football team so hung out with jocks, cheerleaders and the cute girls - but was also the nerdy guy who was also in the band etc. - and because I was the rare substitute teacher of the younger grades (school was too cheap to afford real teachers) I also hung out with the rockers and druggies known as the Alchie's said All-Keys (short for alcoholics). Often arguments were settled at my locker and lives saved too lmao.

pawsregd
09-28-2006, 04:04 PM
I hung out with everybody pretty much. Rockers, jocks, nerds...etc

gnat69
09-28-2006, 05:11 PM
I hung out with everybody pretty much. Rockers, jocks, nerds...etc

I was part of the 80's New Wave group and we hung around everybody too, there was very few problems in my High School, I was the only black kid out of 1500 + there were two people from India, that was about it and everyone wanted to know who we were, almost like a circus attraction....:laughout:

Panky
09-29-2006, 12:35 AM
I was friends with pretty much everyone. I seemed to blend in well with each group. I was one of those kids who got good grades, played sports, partied, and had a variety of interests and musical tastes. There wasn't one particular group that I hung out with more than the others.

When it came to dating, I preferred the bad boys, the ones I knew my parents wouldn't be overly thrilled about. I dated a few jocks, but the bad boys ruled. LOL! Not much has changed since high school. I pretty much still get along with everyone. :D

SweetKayla
09-29-2006, 05:55 AM
I was an all rounder, although there was one group of girls who were so skanky one day they would love you next they would hate you...They are the ones who are still stuck in their home town (pop 1000) working in the take away shop or the pub:)

Vid Vicious
09-29-2006, 08:39 AM
High school .. I was a rocker and rockabilly,

a tough kid, and part of crew. We demanded respect in the halls and sex under the stairs.

As my principal used to say ..I had my own personal door to his office. Yah I was a bad ass, but the chicks dug me, and the teachers passed me .. LOL

Actually one of the only reason I graduated HS was thanks to my art teacher and french teacher (for some reason they really believed in me) and a huge thank you for my principal that no matter what I did .. always finnished his sentence with, "you remind me of me at your age"
he's a good man that cared for his kids.

Luckly I smartened up in College. and lost the tough guy persona

At my HS reunion .. everybody was shocked at how much younger then the rest I looked . and no one was surprised to learn what I do for a living ..

Pat_theBrat
09-29-2006, 09:44 AM
I wasn't a popular kid at High School and it never really bothered me. The population at school looked a lot like what Nat described. We had a Black kid, two chinese and that was it.

I've never had any talent for sport, I was too nerdy for the punks, too wild for the nerds... Instead of trying to mold myself to fit in I decided to hang out with the only people who would accept as I was.

I had 2 friends we hung out all the time. Had our first GF about the same time. Started drinking, smokin, etc. All together. We still call each other regularly and hang out once in a while.

Beside that I had the occasionnal mingling with diffent groups but I never really took part with any "gang".

vger
09-29-2006, 03:19 PM
I was in the debating club and other brainy things like that.

Evil Chris
09-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Some interesting answers for sure.
I would really like to know what some of the people I went to high school are doing now. I'll probably never find out though. I went to school with a lot of farm kids, so I figure they're living the farm life.

2MuchMark
09-29-2006, 03:55 PM
The Rockers were too stoned,
The new-wavers were too much into their makeup,
the punkers were too scary,
the jocks were too STUPID.

For me, the geeks and nerds were just right.

Mark Prince
http://www.2much.net
http://www.LiveCamNetwork.com

xxxmalouxxx
09-30-2006, 02:01 AM
i hang out with diferrent kind of peeps... the brainy, cheerleaders, and the rebels.. lol

Kenny B
10-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Back in the Yeshiva I hung out with the rabbi's and scolars (hope I spelled that right:-) I talked to a few women and always admired their ankle long skirts, and I would imagine knee high socks, the turtle necks oh how I loved the turtle necks!

I really didn't take much time away from my studies to socialize, god was friend, and he's always been there for me.

Jimmidean
10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I kinda had a bit of both the jocks and the Metal crowd.
I played bass in a metal band and also played linbacker for several years

carol.prime
10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
The geeks, the athletes and musicians --- until college

SykkBoy
10-02-2006, 04:52 PM
I was pretty lucky, aside from the jocks, I hung with pretty much everyone
my main crowd was the loadies (stoners) and ROTC guys (nearly the same crowd), but also hung with the indians, the cowboys/hicks/FFA people and the nerds...I even made time to chill with the Mormon kids, hehe

Quagmire
10-02-2006, 07:32 PM
I couldn't stand the people from high school and hung out with people/friends from elsewhere. Other than one guy who happened to be at my wife's aunt's funeral a few years back I haven't spoken to anyone from high school since high school. I sometimes wonder what happened to some of the people, but not enough to try and find them.

Some people I know hang out on classmates.com to find people they went to school with.

Brooke Anderson
10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Marching band here.. how bad does that suck! I grew out of it near the end, wasn't a fan of the jocks at all. But, that was only a few years ago..

Vid Vicious
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Back in the Yeshiva I hung out with the rabbi's and scolars (hope I spelled that right:-) I talked to a few women and always admired their ankle long skirts, and I would imagine knee high socks, the turtle necks oh how I loved the turtle necks!

I really didn't take much time away from my studies to socialize, god was friend, and he's always been there for me.

Hee hee ... Don't be such a pisher

Seska
10-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I guess there was no name for my clique. We did well in school but were not super geeks. In terms of music all our tastes varied from Rush, to Bowie, to the Cure, to U2, to A-ha. We were not terribly wild or trouble makers. Just did our own thing. Failry invloved in school activities, but not brown nosers. I just stayed out of trouble and had a decent time.

Though I talked to some of my old teachers this weekend. That was weird. They rememebred me well but one said that at elast 3 guys back in the day liked me. That made me laugh! I was no boy magnet back then. I had one date and I asked the boy out. He liked another girl (who liked another guy) so it did not go anywhere.

Kenny B
10-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Marching band here.. how bad does that suck! I grew out of it near the end, wasn't a fan of the jocks at all. But, that was only a few years ago..

I want to hear about some of the "experiences" you had at band camp! :wank:

Ramos
10-06-2006, 10:55 AM
I hungout with everyone.......

I get around

Slippery
10-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Believe it or not, I hung with the jock crowd.
I wasn't a jackass like some of them were, but I was just into the sports thing. Especially track.

SilvercashJeanette
10-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I just hung out with my small group of friends and really didn't socialize outside of our group.

davethetruth
10-10-2006, 01:36 AM
I had friends in each group, jocks, skaters, stoners, and nerds, and none of those groups really got along, so it was tough when one member of one group would ask me what I did and then they'd ask me why I was hanging out with that loser.

Today I've got two friends from HS still.

StaceyJo
10-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I had friends in each group, jocks, skaters, stoners, and nerds, and none of those groups really got along, so it was tough when one member of one group would ask me what I did and then they'd ask me why I was hanging out with that loser.

Today I've got two friends from HS still.

yeah me too, I almost join all the clubs from academic to sorority... I love joining in a organization thats why i have a lot of friends from all types... hehehehe

Mr. Blue
10-11-2006, 08:35 AM
I hung out with nerds and misfits eventhough I could be categorized as a jock. I did the whole football, etc, stuff just to get girls, but basically I never really got along with jocks.

Sarah_MaxCash
10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I was with the kids that were just above the really true nerds but still were in gifted classes but bellow the kids in gifted classes that also played sports. In other words - freaks.