PDA

View Full Version : TGP question

Slippery
10-24-2006, 10:42 PM
I have a question regarding TGPs.
What are the advantages and disadvantage of a thumb or a text based TGP?

I guess what I'm asking is what's better or what has the best results?

Panky
10-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Is it a Fake TGP, niche specific, open for submissions? Does the site have a trade script installed and what is the skim? (How many clicks go to trades vs. actual galleries)

Hybrids, (text and thumbs) work nice because you get the visual appeal as well as feed the search engines. However, it depends on what exactly you want to accomplish with the site.

Do you want to build bookmarkers?
Build a feeder TGP?
Sell advertising, gallery spots, and/or submit accounts?
?

Slippery
10-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Answering a question with a lot of questions yeah!? :)
I guess maybe hybrid and by that I think you mean both thumb and text is something to get started with and go with from there. The rest of your questions may just answer themselves in time.

Autogallery has free software. And it doesn't look too difficult to work with.

Evil Chris
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I use autogallery Pro for a couple of TGPs and it's fairly easy to manage.

I would start off doing what it is you're interested in. Choose the niche you like so you don't have to stare at something you don't even like day in and day out especially if this is your first TGP. Just take it one step at a time and learn where you can to improve on it.

My advice would be to take submissions. Just be aware that you might get picked up by submitters that will submit any old shitty gallery. That eventually happend to me, and I had to switch to partner accounts only. Don't even think about charging people to submit until you have a huge amount of traffic flowing in and out of your site. There are already many out there who charge for partner accounts that don't have the traffic to back it up.

Vendzilla
10-26-2006, 05:37 PM
run a hybrid set up on comusthumbs, partner accounts only and mix in loads of FHG's for profit

Panky
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
I asked the questions because depending on the type of site you wish to build and the purpose of the site, makes a difference as far as advantages and disadvantages.

What may be an advantage on a particular type of TGP site you wish to build, might be a disadvantage on another type of TGP site and the goals in which you set out to accomplish.

For example, you could build a thumb TGP that is designed to be a feeder site. In this case, the skim rate would be really high. (More links lead to trades, sites, FPA, custom tours, whatever..., than actual galleries with content). However, if you were building this thumb TGP to use advertising and galleries as sales tools, sell partner accounts, sell gallery spots, and/or sell advertising spots, and attract bookmarking, you wouldn't want to set the skim rate really high. You would want more surfers clicking on the thumbs and actually getting the content they seek more than being dumped off to trades or misc. sites.

Slippery
11-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Well since this will be my first TGP and a bit of an experiment at that, I will just go with basic stuff for now. I'll take a free script at first and if it takes off, I'm sure I'll want more options.

Thanks a bunch for all the advice!

cszlawyer
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
All text TGP has the advantage of not requiring any 2257 compliance.

TheLegacy
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
All text TGP has the advantage of not requiring any 2257 compliance.

thanks jeff.. didnt know that

cszlawyer
02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
thanks jeff.. didnt know that

That doesn't mean a text-only TGP couldn't violate some other small minded law (like those governing obscenity). But not 2257, which deals with depictions--pictures and videos and the like--of sexually explicit conduct.

Evil Chris
02-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Interesting.... so how should TGP owners (who have thumb based sites) conduct themselves as far as 2257 regs are concerned? What about non-US webmasters?

cszlawyer
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Interesting.... so how should TGP owners (who have thumb based sites) conduct themselves as far as 2257 regs are concerned? What about non-US webmasters?

All U.S. based webmasters who fall under the legal definition of a "producer" have to comply with 18 U.S.C. 2257 and 28 C.F.R. 75. That means getting the records that have the age and picture, and then maintaining them in the way the regulations detail the procedure.

teenytricia
02-07-2007, 11:10 PM
i also use autogallery pro same as chris and it works best for me..

untouchable
02-12-2007, 10:16 AM
The biggest advantage of a text TGP is in my opinion that the descriptions are good for the search engines.

Another good advantage is that surfers could click on a link and the only thing they know is the description, it could be that they are more curious of whats inside the gallery...

Just my thoughts...

jackbdirty
03-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Evil Chris,

Where do I get autogallery Pro at? Is it easy to use?

Jack

Way3
03-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Evil Chris,

Where do I get autogallery Pro at? Is it easy to use?

Jack

You can get AutoGallery Pro http://www.jmbsoft.com/
I have a lot of clients who use it, but I have never used it!
Hope this helps and Best of Luck!