PDA

View Full Version : eBay users... notice this?

Evil Chris
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM
I don't use eBay a whole lot. Only a few times a year to buy, and almost never to sell.

What I've noticed is in the weeks after I win an auction, I get a flood of eBay "phishing" spam. Then after awhile they go away until I make my next online purchase at eBay, that is.

Is this happening just to me, or does everyone get "phishing" email spam from people who say they are from eBay?

Visualad
10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I get those to diffirent email adresses.. Cant really say I get it only to the adress used on Ebay.. Sometimes get it to emails that never been connected to Ebay in any way.. Its easy to get your email snatched though.. Especially if you communicate with other members through the ebay system and choose to have your email adress visible.. All it takes is that your adress is visible to the wrong person and your email get flooded with shit.

gunner
10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
yea, it's getting pretty bad. Ebay needs to do more about this.
You can forward them to "spoof@ebay.com", and that's about it.

Mr. Burns
10-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I get phishing crap from everywhere.

DonMike
10-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I get phishing crap from everywhere.

Me too. Be careful of your myspace alerts too. I usually just click on my "you've got a message" emails from there, but the other day I got one at my work address, which I don't use for my myspace account. So even that's starting to happen now.