PDA

View Full Version : City or Country?

Evil Chris
10-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Where are you from? The city? Or the country?

I think I'm a little of both. I grew up in the country for the most part but my whole adult life has been in the city, so I guess I have experienced the best and worst of both worlds.

I can't decide which I prefer either. I like the peace and isolation of the country, but I'd miss the amenities of the city.

Quagmire
10-26-2006, 04:50 PM
I love the country. I came out here kicking and screaming, but after 5 years I can honestly say I don't want to move back to a shoebox property in a suburb.

I plan my trips out to the store/bank/shopping rather than jumping in the car on a whim and going to grab a slice. I cook more than I did when I lived in town as well. I also get more exercise and fresh air in a month than I did in a year living in the burbs.

Vid Vicious
10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
I m a city boy .... Saw my first cow at the rip age of 20 ... Actually helpped a calf come out to the world, hung over at Don cherrys farm on wolfe island .. LOL

Chris you hood isnt city dude .. your in the country ... Golf course in your backyard doesnt make ya a city dewler

LAJ
10-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I've lived in cities as large as several million and as small as 10,000. The older I get the more peace and quiet I cherish. Moving from Los Angeles to just outside Austin TX was a very good move.

Jimmidean
10-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Grew up n the city. Worked in several US and Canada.
Now live in the country.... its a great life.

Cold_ice
10-26-2006, 09:06 PM
I grew up in the country and I loved it. I choose to live in a small town because I hate the city. I hate the people, the traffic, the smog, all the signal lights pretty much everything. I commute to work which is cool because I just drive to the office and thats it. In the town I live in it doesn't matter where you are going you will get there in 5 minutes or less. If its Pizza or movie rental or Kmart or grocery store 5 minutes thats it.

qUeenBeE
10-26-2006, 11:14 PM
grew up in the city... i enjoy having vacations in the country but i don't have any plans of living there, i don't think I'd survive away from the city. gonna admit, i'm a city girl

Panky
10-27-2006, 03:47 AM
I grew up in a small town and I am happy to live in a small town. Cities are cool and they are nice to visit, but I do enjoy my space and the quiet.

carol.prime
10-27-2006, 12:52 PM
I can live anywhere away from the city as long as there's network coverage for my mobile phone

GoodChris
10-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I grew up in the city and now I've been in the country for 6 years and Iwill never go back.

Evil Chris
10-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Chris you hood isnt city dude .. your in the country ... Golf course in your backyard doesnt make ya a city dewlerI don't consider the suburbs to be country. More like the best of both worlds.
Peace and isolation, but just a 20 minute drive to get downtown.

Gruntled
10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
The suburbs really are kind of both. Anywhere near atlanta is like that due to rampant suburban sprawl, So I guess that's what I've known mostly. I lived in a suburb close to the city until I was 13, then moved to the country until after high school. Even living in the country, I'd make frequent trips into the city, so I've always had them both.

TheEnforcer
10-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Grew up in the city but it was a small city which is much different than a bigger city.