PDA

View Full Version : Do you promote what turns you on?

Evil Chris
12-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Simply put, are your websites a reflection of your personal tastes, or are they considered what you can make the best money with?

For me, I'd have to say it's a combination of the two. I work directly for Triplexcash and Teenrevenue (for almost 5 years now) and we cover many different niches, primarily the teen niche.

On my own however, I have many many sites and pages out there, one of them is a big boob TGP (http://www.blimpboobs.com/index.shtml). Cuz I like dem boobs. :laughout:

kaimai
12-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Big Boobs? REally? We would never have known

Funbrunette
12-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Big Boobs? REally? We would never have known

:laughout: :laughout: :laughout:

cdsmith
12-06-2006, 10:10 AM
I promote some of what turns me on, or more aptly put I promote stuff that I know will sell (often because it appeals to me). But I also promote a lot of stuff that appeals to my surfers. They are the ones doing the buying, not me.

And a lot of that crap doesn't turn me on in the least. But my thinking is -- "who gives a shit what *I* think?" --- it's what the surfer wants that matters.... within legal limits of course.

Sid
12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Not necessarely, I try and promote what i think will sell.

Sell

Jimmidean
12-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Sell what you know and you will prosper.
Luckily I know everything.:laughout:

PremiumPassJon
12-07-2006, 09:19 AM
I dont think you have to be into what you sell but you definitely have to believe in the product. I've got 15 years in the dvd biz (Mile High in Canada) and i gotta tell you i dont always sell stuff that turns me on... if i only sold what i like i'd probably be out of biz!hahaha

SilvercashJeanette
12-07-2006, 02:42 PM
That's such a great question Chris! :)

Evil Chris
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Sell what you know and you will prosper.
Luckily I know everything.:laughout:There's some sense to that Jimmi.

The best example is if feet turn you on, then promote them. Because you know what you like, the angles, the shoes... etc whatever. What turns you on, will likely work on the traffic and hence... conversions. :)

Forest
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
I prmote whatever makes me the most money

:laughout:

Slippery
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I prmote whatever makes me the most money

:laughout:Money turns me on! :worthy:

Panky
12-09-2006, 08:19 PM
In the beginning, I promoted what I had a personal interest in and/or new something about. It was just that much easier to get a grasp on marketing, writing text, and tripping triggers of the surfers.

Now, I still stick with my personal kinks, but I branched out into other areas. Some things I will never promote just because for the life of me I have no understanding of it. Others, I can promote, but I have to study them for awhile.

born2blog
12-10-2006, 02:58 AM
for me it is definitely a combination of the two

cdsmith
12-11-2006, 04:22 AM
The good news for affiliates is that as an affiliate you don't necessarily have to "know" or be into a niche in order to sell it. Often it's a matter of putting up links and using the promo materials provided by those who DO know the in's and out's (:D) of said niche, and leaving the actual selling up to them.

If you've worked hard enough to get the right traffic anything is possible, not to mention profitable.

Hey, I'm not into gay anything, period.... but I have no qualms about tossing up a link or twelve for those surfers who ARE gay or bi-curious. Who the hell am I to deny them their right to line my pockets?

Sarah_MaxCash
12-11-2006, 04:46 AM
I promote fetishes but not because they turn me on. It is more that each one requires research and going on a learning curve and I enjoy that rather than just pushing teens.

stonegatherer
12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Yes I do promote what I like and that might be my problem .....

dyonisus
12-14-2006, 10:06 AM
I promote Dildo's, using them does turn me on!!!

stonegatherer
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I promote Dildo's, using them does turn me on!!!

I am not sure if I want to know that or not :confused: