PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Packing, add yours here please...

AZ_Sarah_Maxcash
01-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I am the worst at packing, but I'm getting better the more I travel.
One thing I learned that saves space in a suitcase is rolling your clothes rather than folding. Also helps with wrinkles....who wants to iron on vacation?!?
Anyone have some good packing tips to share??

Evil Chris
01-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Pack your socks and underwear inside your shoes!

TheLegacy
01-12-2007, 03:09 PM
although I am not going this year, I make it a point to carry everyone in one carry on bag - no waiting for luggage or lost luggage. You are generally wearing 2 pairs of pants (nice and jeans) and maybe a few tops = as far as night shirts remember the floor is littered with everyone giving away shirts so use them for sleeping in or other things. bring two shoes (nice and running) and socks/underwear. my wife does the same thing when she comes along and we both are faster in and out of the airport and hotel

DonMike
01-12-2007, 05:18 PM
although I am not going this year, I make it a point to carry everyone in one carry on bag - no waiting for luggage or lost luggage. You are generally wearing 2 pairs of pants (nice and jeans) and maybe a few tops = as far as night shirts remember the floor is littered with everyone giving away shirts so use them for sleeping in or other things. bring two shoes (nice and running) and socks/underwear. my wife does the same thing when she comes along and we both are faster in and out of the airport and hotel

Honey, I need a whole suitcase for my SHOES alone!!! :viking:

Funbrunette
01-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Honey, I need a whole suitcase for my SHOES alone!!! :viking:

Now I KNOW we were separated at birth!!!

Slippery
01-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I won't go into the details, but always remember to remove the batteries in your dildo before you check your luggage. Especially if you're travelling international!

stonegatherer
01-15-2007, 01:27 AM
although I am not going this year, I make it a point to carry everyone in one carry on bag - no waiting for luggage or lost luggage.

i hate that people won't check luggage.

getting on and off the plane will be so much faster when they finally
outlaw carrying everything on, and enforce it.

Sarah_MaxCash
01-15-2007, 06:40 AM
I am a roller too..really helps with space too. Other than that..always put your shampoo, toothpaste, etc in ziplock bags because if they open somehow you don't want your clothing covered in goo. I also stick a sheet of fabric softener 'bounce' in the suitcase because it keeps everything smelling fresh.

Sarah_MaxCash
01-15-2007, 06:41 AM
i hate that people won't check luggage.

getting on and off the plane will be so much faster when they finally
outlaw carrying everything on, and enforce it.

I agree but that will only work the moment they can guarantee they will never lose a bag.

stonegatherer
01-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I agree but that will only work the moment they can guarantee they will never lose a bag.

Matter can not be lost, just mis-directed.

AZ_Sarah_Maxcash
01-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I am a roller too..really helps with space too. Other than that..always put your shampoo, toothpaste, etc in ziplock bags because if they open somehow you don't want your clothing covered in goo. I also stick a sheet of fabric softener 'bounce' in the suitcase because it keeps everything smelling fresh.

I love that dryer sheet tip. I'm going to use that ... "Sarahs" are so darn smart!

Sarah_MaxCash
01-22-2007, 08:27 AM
indeed we are :) I don't know what it is but even if it is only a five our flight my clothing always smell so stale from the suitcase unless I use the dryer sheet.

stonegatherer
01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Put your socks (and maybe underwear) in little baggies and stuff in shoes.
Saves space and keeps shoes from being crushed.

If your feet smell ..... put your shoes in plastic bag instead.