PDA

View Full Version : Colbert Report

Evil Chris
01-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Anyone watch his show? I usually just watch The Daily Show but I did catch Steven Colbert last night. He had Bill O'Reilly on and it was pretty funny.

Then again, it's easy to laugh at the right. :laughout:

Cyndalie
01-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I love his "the word" segment :)
I really enjoy both shows

Evil Chris
01-19-2007, 02:02 PM
What bugs me about Colbert though is that he's always pointing his finger.
Like it's a tick or something and he doesn't know what else to do.

TheLegacy
01-19-2007, 02:25 PM
I love jon but by the time colbert is on - jay leno is starting, and sorry.. I must watch jay

thruma
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
my gf watches Colbert so I've seen it a few times but I don't make an effort to watch. He is usually pretty funny though. She also got me watching Rick Mercer and I really like him, funny as hell. Also "this hour has 22 minutes" that comes on after.

Do you guys in the states get his show? He's probably on youtube if you're interested

Evil Chris
01-21-2007, 02:40 PM
I really don't think the Americans would understand Rick Mercer at all.
The Canadian political satire doesn't jump the border well.

thruma
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I really don't think the Americans would understand Rick Mercer at all.
The Canadian political satire doesn't jump the border well.

I thought about that after I posted but then I saw it the other day and it reminded me he makes fun of Bush all the time too. lol

So they should enjoy that. hopefully

born2blog
01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I watch it sometimes if I have time, it is a funny show

Panky
01-22-2007, 12:35 AM
I have never watched it. Looks like I may have to tune in one night and see what it is all about.

Rick Mercer I never heard of until I moved here. Some of the things he does are funny as hell when he's busting on Bush and Americans in general, but when he gets into segments dealing with Canadian politics, I don't always follow it because I'm just learning how the system works and who the players are.