PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7?

Evil Chris
01-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Who has upgraded to IE7?
Discuss the new version. Give your pros and cons if you have them.

born2blog
01-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't have v7, and I only open IE on ocassion anyway to check my sites and make sure that they load properly in both browsers.

Cyndalie
01-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I've been thinking about upgrading but it's hard to go back once it's installed. I only have a few more weeks left using this particular machine so I think I might install it today and post back here with the results.

Evil Chris
01-26-2007, 10:02 AM
I upgraded on the PC beside me but my laptop still has IE6.
I have noticed a few things with IE7 that will affect the way we will design sites, and I have yet to figure it all out.

So, I'm at least getting the feel of IE7. I don't dismiss it completely as I'm sure it's a fine browser, but it's quite different from IE6.

Visualad
01-26-2007, 10:21 AM
have not updated... (yet).. I usually play it "safe" .. Will wait and see how it works for others first.

Vid Vicious
01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Actually I like the new version .. it's reminisant of Mozzilla Firefox .. the only problem I'm getting .. and please if someone knows a fix let me know .. is that my Zone Alarm fucks with my browsers (both Mozila and IE7) and I end up getting 404 s constantly ..I'll hit the refresh 2 -3 times and finally the site is up .. I know it's zone alarm that's fuckin with it .. cus when I turn off Zone alarm I got no problems what's so ever .. another problem I'm having is sometimes I can't see sigs on boards . rather I see the script.

Any one know how to fix this?

Slippery
01-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I said I don't use IE at all, but maybe that isn't entirely true.
If I am using IE (which is rare) I am still using IE6.

Most of the time I'm using Firefox. I like it because it's so stable.
I have never had it crash on me. Not even once!

Beachbunny25
01-26-2007, 09:08 PM
A lot of my friends have had problems with IE7 crashing. I tend to just stick with firefox.