PDA

View Full Version : Vista?

Magnus3x
01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Is anyone going to rush out and purchase Windows Vista.

I have read a lot of very discouraging things about it and there are plenty of articles today about how nit picky and intrusive it's gong to be. Issues with upgrades to new software you purchase, how it will delete things on your machine it deems as adware spyware etc.. without prompting you.

I think I'll pass *S*.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/175801

Slippery
01-29-2007, 12:46 PM
It's bad enough that Windows auto-updates all the time, but at least you can tell it what to install and what not to before it does it.

How soon before all new PCs are shipped with Vista do you think?

dyonisus
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
i know a guy going to microsoft today to hear a seminar on it... if he offers anything to share i will post it

glad2beme
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
nope . . .

Evil Chris
01-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm not in any hurry at all.
In fact, I wonder how it would be to revert to Windows 3.1 in this day and age? LOL

Magnus3x
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
It's bad enough that Windows auto-updates all the time, but at least you can tell it what to install and what not to before it does it.

How soon before all new PCs are shipped with Vista do you think?

Well to my knowledge once stores get rid of their current inventory with Win Xp.. they will be shipped with Vista with all the buzz words "NO Extra Cost Vista basic".

thruma
01-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not in any hurry at all.
In fact, I wonder how it would be to revert to Windows 3.1 in this day and age? LOL

I've tried this on a 2.4GHZ computer just because I'm a geek and man it just runs like lightning. Problem is half the stuff doesn't work on the newer computers.

Everything has to be set up manually. no plug n play. And even manually there is no guarantee it will work.

It's really impractical to run win 3.1 but man I wish I could get winXP to run that fast and stay that fast :D

dyonisus
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
we are a slave to the operatign system...
right now with my pc running offline it runs like a charm... i am almost dreading putting it back online next month